Mums-to-be groups, baby groups?

Hi, i am expecting a baby in june would like to meet more new mums or mums to be for general chit chat, lunch and walks around S11.

this thread might help you!! Good Luck :thumbsup:

here

Mod: thanks for the link. Threads merged.

Hi

Congratulations. Sharrow Sure Start would be a brilliant place to start - they have an office on London road and would hold loads of info on groups local to you. They do a Breastfeeding Cafe in Simuneye on Thursdays I think which may or maynot be useful for you (I help run something similar in the Hillsborough area and its really lovely in a social way aswell as giving people useful information on breastfeeding). Other than that contact the Childrens Information service either by phone or via there web site they will send you the information really quickly.

Good luck for June

LisaH xxx

Thanks for the info,

Hope you found what you were looking for in your area. i`m in the same situation. And have found the information Threaded really healpfull.

Sharrow sure start, Simunye cafe for breastfeeding advice sounds great for after the babys due. its a bit of a walk but hey cheap exersise .

Also i will get in touch with the Childrens information service in Sheffeild for any groups/meetings for new mums around Endcliffe prk, Sharrow, Greystones and Broomhall. If anyone is in these areas and wants to start a meetind grp get in touch.

There are NCT groups all over Sheffield, I started to going to Crookes Broomhill group 2 months before my daughter was born and they are very welcoming to new people!

The Crookes group would probably be near to you or maybe the Eccleshall/Bradway group - but that group covers a massive area (all the way to Hope Valley). I think they both meet on Tuesday mornings

I'm also due in April well today actually lol no sign of lo yet tho I'm based in gleadless and surestart run loads of groups in and around this area rangeing from pre and anti natal groups a breast feeding cafe and a family swim session that is very resonably priced hope this helps

Thanks

I`ll contact sure start , feels like it`s a good idea to make some contacts before the baby is born, whille i still have the energy. anybody planning to go to baby massage this July/Aug 2005 wrote down this number down last night at antal-natal class 0114-2360472.

My name is Emma I have two twin buggies for sale one of them is a side by side one complete with rain cover and the make is Maclaren. This pram has only been used a couple of times and is like new. It is blue and purple. It cost me £150 new I will accecpt £40. 07776351013

The second one is a tandom twin buggy with shopping basket and rain hoods. This is a Graco make, I will accept £10 for this one as it has had alot of use. But still in good condition. 07776351013

Also my 2 year old child attends Stannington community centre nursery which is open to children aged 2 and over. The days it runs are Monday Thursday and Friday. You can leave your child there while you have time for yourself. The sessions are £2.75 and are from 9:15 - 11:45 am. My child loves it they make things and learn there colours and numbers. The staff are lovely. You just need to bring a change of nappies if your child is still not potty trained.

Have you tried Surestart ?