Mums-to-be groups, baby groups?

Thanks so much for all your replies, i've had great fun checking out the websites etc today and tomorrow i'm going to go to that childrens place in town for more information. Thanks again.

You could try THIS

No expecting another baby myself (thank heavens!!) but came accross this site whilst searching for parent support in Sheffield.

Hope it's of some use to you and congrats!!:clap:

Congratulations

I'm due in February too! have been attending ante natal classes for a few weeks and have made a few local friends. The aqua natal class Thursdays, 7pm at Hillsborough leisure centre is great and is run by midwives, but by Thursday I'm generally too tired to go!

Congratulations...and good luck for Feb. I had a boy in Jan 2003 and another in March 2004 so I can definately recommend it!

The children's information service in Sheffield is fantastic at sending out info for all that is in your area...0114 275 6699

Also I found NCT groups a life saver in the early days and through them have made some great friends I see weekly. (CIS will have the tel number of your nearest contact - not sure..where is Lowedges?)

Dawn

ask your midwife, they should be able to give you info :)

If you don't find anything suitable. You can always tell you doctor that you wish to start a group and they will inform other mums to be in the area of how to contact you.

When I was pregnant with my second, I saw the same old faces at the ante-natal at the GP's surgery. Some of us exchanged numbers etc and became good friends. Once my son was born, we got together at each others houses on a rota basis once a week. We did this until they were about 2 years old and we had all run out of space for lots of screaming toddlers!! We then moved on to the local mum and toddler group.

Just chatting to other mums at the doctors can be a great source of support and in my case, has lead to lasting friendships for both me and my son. Give it a try ..... what have you got to lose?!

My mum is still friends with a woman (and her family) when they were both in hopsital giving birth (not at the same time or in the same room).

This was 17 years ago, my mum even used to child mind this woman's son!

Originally posted by drp215

Also I found NCT groups a life saver in the early days and through them have made some great friends I see weekly. (CIS will have the tel number of your nearest contact - not sure..where is Lowedges?)

Dawn

I would recommend the NCT too - I go to two groups and have met lovely ppl at both of them :-D

Hi Tinkerbell,

Congratulations.....

i tried to pm u but wont let me, i also live on Lowedges, only moved to Sheffield beginning of November and am also expecting 1st baby due in may, pm me if wanna have chat sometime

Love Angel

Contact the Children's Information Service:

http://www.childrenfirst.org.uk/cis/cis_scf/cis.htm

they will send you a list of all groupos in your area, what days they run, how much they cost etc free

Also find out about stuff from you health visitor and doctor eg pram pushes, baby massage and aquababes.

Also try Simunye - cafe on London Road next to Wasabi Sabi which, is child friendly and has real life breast feeding mentors there every Thurs morn between 10 and 12.

Good luck with the birth

Sara

My wife helps run a mums group called PETALS on Lowedges. They meet on Wednesdays at Lowedges School Community Wing at 1.30pm. There is also a toddler group at South Sheffield Evangelical Church that has loads of mums going on Friday mornings.