Should all Social Security Benefit awards be publically available for inspection

Yes its our money they are taking and as such we have every right to know who gets what,if you are in receit of MY MONEY I have a right to know.

No, you don't. You might think that you SHOULD have such a right, but you don't, and several powerful arguments why not have already been presented. If you want to convince people you should have it, you're going to have to present better arguments as to why.

Yes its our money they are taking and as such we have every right to know who gets what,if you are in receit of MY MONEY I have a right to know.

No you don't. For a start, it's the STATE'S money, not yours alone. Do you know what happens to money you pay to people such as newspaper magnates, television owners, musicians, etc,.?

No.

The funds are there for the State, and people's private lives are their own.

No you don't. For a start, it's the STATE'S money, not yours alone. Do you know what happens to money you pay to people such as newspaper magnates, television owners, musicians, etc,.?

No.

The funds are there for the State, and people's private lives are

their own.

Who do you think keeps the state going, yep OUR money MY MONEY,so I have the right to know.

Far too many scroungers in this country taking us taxpayers for a ride.

No you don't. Not particularly happy that some of my taxes are going towards war in Iraq - but it's the price I'm happy enough to pay for living in a democracy

I'd be interested to see, all those who agree this is a great idea, get your:

• Full Name
  • Address
  • Workplace
  • Salary
  • Telephone number
  • Family details
  • NINO
  • and N.O.K

upon the forum for us all to see & get the ball rolling, you have nothing to hide...prove it

Who do you think keeps the state going, yep OUR money MY MONEY,so I have the right to know.

Far too many scroungers in this country taking us taxpayers for a ride.

Oh, I think you'll find what you pay out of your wages as income TAX, isn't your money, it used to be but you pay for the privelage of living in the great country, it's like saying you buy a car for £15k but once the car is in your garage, that £15k is still yours and you have a right to know what happens with it, if you seriously think that you're proper mis-guided.

I wouldn't mind seeing which BNP members - or voters for that matter - claim benefits.

Only joking :P

Posts have been removed on this thread. Feel free to discuss the subject matter from whatever standpoint you see fit, but anyone else found making personal and abusive remarks will get a longer ban than the one already doled out.

Because it is public money, should all the information regarding the reason why a Social Security Benefit as been awarded to a claimant be publically available. Either through the pubic library or over the Internet to prevent fraudulent claims being awarded when claimed?

And would a reward system, such as a gift of three or six months value of the benefit claimed fraudulently to those who report fraud claims be a better method of dealing with this, than the ' Cat and Mouse ' system of Social Security investigators, which is presently applied to deal with this matter at the moment.

So who are thinking of reporting?

So who are thinking of reporting?

May I suggest that you read the posting again then comment without coming to a false conclusion?

Thank you.

No you don't, nor should you. What benefit I might be on or not on is none of your business - and if you want to persist with childishly selfish attitude that it's your money, it's not your money - it's everybodies money.

Why should anyone (and everyone) have access to an individual's social security benefits via publicly accessible information via a library and/or internet? This is tantamount to advocating a Snooper's Charter.

If anyone has reasonable grounds for suspecting that someone is making a fraudulent benefit claim, they need only inform the relevant agency for an investigation to be made.

Exactly, I had to battle against the Electoral role list for several years (remember a heated argument with an elderly gentleman) as i was prepared to have NO vote to stay off the list that is public knowledge for all to see. He didn't care that i was at the time in fear for my sons and my own life after escaping a violent 3 year relationship and death threats. Some peoples reasons for claiming benefits may be very personal and no-one has the right to pry without permission of the individual 1st.

How many would like anyone to be able to read there medical notes etc, as most are on NHS and this is a goverment funded organization, as is the police force, should we then be allowed to see anyones files (what if they had child abuse, rape etc.) If you know someone is committing fraud shop them, but don't take away a person privacy.