Girls- how many of you don't feel safe in a taxi?

Just curious really... I don't really feel very safe in taxi's when im on my own on the way back from a night out. I always book them but i seem to get alot of wierd drivers. Not that they would probably do anything but i would much prefer a female driver.

What does everyone else think? (its probably me just being paranoid!)

i definately would never get in a taxi on my own if i went out on the town, i do in the day but never ever at night.

i know most of the drivers are ok but you can never be sure..:(

sometimes its good to be paranoid..........cant be too careful.

obviously you DONT know who your getting for a driver

i bet 99% are honest but that 1% thats dodgy you may get one time :(

i very very rarely get in a taxi by myself, usualy with friends or boyfriend. i doubt i'd feel that happy about it either though.

I always get in a Taxi by myself, always have done.

But as I've said before on other threads, I don't feel scared alone whether it be day or night.

I'm always careful and maybe I'm lucky but, to be fair the chances of anything happening are minimal.

im ok with friends but no way on my own especially after a night out. i always get a mate to stop at mine or i stop at someone elses.

I remember I once got a taxi home on my own, I can't remember why now. I was wearing a short skirt and I was trying to rearrange my skirt and the taxi driver said "Are you trying to hide your legs from me?" which made me slightly uncomfortable, fortunately I was nearly home by then.

i definately would never get in a taxi on my own if i went out on the town, i do in the day but never ever at night.

i know most of the drivers are ok but you can never be sure..:(

Thats what i mean. Most of the time when i go out at the weekends and go back home i get a taxi by myself and i just feel well paranoid.

I remember I once got a taxi home on my own, I can't remember why now. I was wearing a short skirt and I was trying to rearrange my skirt and the taxi driver said "Are you trying to hide your legs from me?" which made me slightly uncomfortable, fortunately I was nearly home by then.

I wear skirts aswell and i can see them looking at me (some of them) and it really gives me the creeps. Also i order them and when i see a taxi from the firm ive ordered it from i always ask who its for, but they never tell me anymore, they always ask me for the name.

They don't tell you the name anymore cos you're just gonna say "yep thats me", I'm glad they don't. Some random person tried to nick my taxi last night, even after I'd spoken to the driver and confirmed it was mine and gone to find everyone, when I came back she had opened the passenger door and was asking him again!

my mates used to mock me about this but before I got in a taxi I'd check their license plate and ask to see their ID and make sure they matched up. The main reason was because I lived the furthest away, and I'd always be the last one to be dropped off, didn't fancy being on my own with a wierdo.

Having said that though. what started me doing this though was once I got a taxi home and halfway home we realised he wasn't a taxi, being slightly drunk though we didn't see to get too scared....... I was only 17 and was telling the diver about how I was taking driving lessons, at which point he asked me if I'd like to drive the rest of the way home - which I stupidly did!!!!!

Obviously I got home safely, but the next day I looked back with horror and shame, and thanked god that nothing bad happened.

I always get in a Taxi by myself, always have done.

But as I've said before on other threads, I don't feel scared alone whether it be day or night.

I'm always careful and maybe I'm lucky but, to be fair the chances of anything happening are minimal.

I heartily agree with your sentiments. Always be aware but never be afraid. I travel the world alone. The fear factor is totally disproportionate to the risk factor.