FAO: University IT department (If anyone reads)

Guest Mod_Man

CPU's would be faster (they'd need physical changes tho) software would be smaller, ram would hold more.. etc....

This seems to be the big stumbling point though, do you really think that the industry would adopt a new system which would involve making every CPU obsolete? I don't think the RAM freed up versus complete redesign of CPUs is really worth changing a reliable, trusted, well known, very efficient standard system.

And how would the new computers running your system communicate with the computers running the old system?

I am interested.

This seems to be the big stumbling point though, do you really think that the industry would adopt a new system which would involve making every CPU obsolete? I don't think the RAM freed up versus complete redesign of CPUs is really worth changing a reliable, trusted, well known, very efficient standard system.

And how would the new computers running your system communicate with the computers running the old system?

I am interested.

firstly, They say they have reached the physical limits in GHZ for a cpu, that is why dual/quad core is coming out, and slower clock speeds with faster instruction handling...

Im sure that high-end systems like government and business systems would implement new technology, if it was indeed faster, more stable etc... but the space the data takes up would be smaller too, so you could (theoretically) fit more than 1GB of info (by current standards) in 1GB of space..

as for new computers running my method, communicating with older ones, its all just software how computers communicate, so thats not difficult to do...

and no, i havent re-invented HEX, and yes, it works logically, i cannot find any potential faults or fall-outs in my method... at the moment atleast...

the future of binary is quantum ;)

anyway, if your idea is so fantastic then you should get in touch with a University with regards to doing a PhD.

I can give you contacts for SHU and University of Kent (Canterbury) if your interested, both good Uni's for IT research, so is Sheffield, Loughborough, Napier...

and anyway, you can't redefine binary as all binary is is a set of 0's and 1's... which then get translated by the processor into instructions and data

yeah, 'redefine binary' is used loosly, as it would be a "new" and a replacement-for, it would probably be best called a derivitive of, or an evolution of...

SHU, in one of its previous incarnations, was involved with the transputer - if anyone remembers that! So I hope they are not averse to innovative ideas...

yeah, 'redefine binary' is used loosly, as it would be a "new" and a replacement-for, it would probably be best called a derivitive of, or an evolution of...

what's definition of "redefine"?

lol

Ghozer...don't let anyone discourage you...and don't ever give up.

If you are confident then you should spend a couple of hundred pounds on a patent. Keep quiet until it comes through, then start asking for sponsors/support & collaboration.

ive shown this to one of my old lecturers who loves this kind of stuff. whats your email and i'll pass it onto him.

Be careful when discussing inventions like this with uni... if you progress it as an academic project (eg. MSc/PhD) the university will probably make a claim on ownership of the invention.

In the same way a company would claim ownership had you invented it while in their employment.

Just be aware of it when discussing it with them ;)

All the best for this Ghozer. Remember us when you're a billionaire... ;)

Uni's are very good at knicking the ideas of their students and taking the credit for all the work involved. Get it patented and then conduct all discussions with anyone under a Non-Disclosure Agreement.