Student games opening ceremony 1991

I was a 'buffer girl' in the display at the start of the games, worked as a runner (collating scores etc) during the games and then took part in the closing ceremony. Wonderful time (despite the debt!)

What were the exact dates of the World Student Games? My son was born around the time they were on.

I took part too! I handed out medals to the mens hockey, and volleyball winners I think. I remember wearing a very fetching scarf which I think I still have somewhere. I can't believe it was that long ago!

I have it on video somewhere,god knows where though.I remember that daft cow dropping the torch too.

I was a 'buffer girl' in the display at the start of the games, worked as a runner (collating scores etc) during the games and then took part in the closing ceremony. Wonderful time (despite the debt!)

I was also a buffer girl - it was great!!

i did the opening thing with balls i was the one that fell over lol

so does anyone know where i could get a copy???

yep am still looking!!

Hi there,

I have tried everywhere but it seems that the one place to get hold of the recording of both the opening and closing ceremony is Sheffield Library where they kept a copy of the video tape that was sold at the time.

You have to physically go there and borrow it, being in France, I did not get a chance yet to go to Sheffield but just in case you are closer, let us know :)

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know where i can get hold of a copy of the World Student Games opening ceremony 1991 at don valley stadium, as i was in it, like thousands of other sheffield schoolkids at that time and i would love to see it again,does anyone remember doing it????:)

Have you tried the Sheffield Star or the BBC ? - they archive photos and video footage of local events.

i have tried the libraries in sheffield that hold the videos but they dont lend them out!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in both opening and closing ceremonies.

Let us know if you get the vid!