Woodseats people... what shop would you like to see on Woodseats?

Another vote from me for a pub with decent beer.

Seconded. Blinding idea. Craft shop might not work, as there are two really good hardware shops (Abbey lane and Derbyshire lane) and also the shop opposite Big Tree which sells card-making and embroidery stuff, which is good (and popular).

Just thought I'd point out that the craft shop is closing, really sad....been there years..there are posters on the window saying closing down sale.

See thread about old sweet shops

p.s i missed the one across from Gleesons - Mrs Lowes with her penny trays and the pink neon Durex sign

Just thought I'd point out that the craft shop is closing, really sad....been there years..there are posters on the window saying closing down sale.

Do you mean Pastimes? That will be a real shame, they've been there for years. :(

More independent clothing shops like Envy, they do some amazing dresses!

Sapor has gone so no italian deli anymore

Pastimes is going as craft stuff is cheaper on line !!!

I guess a few more will go in a few months too!!

Woodseats is a good shopping area with a wonderfully diverse range of traditional shops. I like the idea of an old-style "grubber"-there's certainly plenty of (slow-moving) passing trade, pity there's no where for it to park up and shop!

Woodseats is a good shopping area with a wonderfully diverse range of traditional shops. ......../QUOTE]

Sorry disagree too many estate agents and chairty shops , I can remember when woodseats did have a good selection of shops , it was possible to buy every thing for the house - but not the house - no estate agagents - and you could buy your car (wel you still can) In fact I know one neighbour who never went into town as you didnt need to : shoe shops x2, cloths shops, bakers, butchers, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Unfortunatley this shop never as what you want you go in for a sandwich at 1030 and are told "Iam not ready" meanwhile other shops selling sandwiches have been at it for hours. He doesnt do bacon sandwiches - you would have thought he would if just to get the cash in

He cant be doing very well considering the amount of time he spends stood in the door way

Interesting, I've just noticed that this shop - SAPORE - has closed down. I used to go there quite often for bread, as it was previously a bakers shop, but the bloke always seemed grumpy that I Only wanted a couple of breadcakes or a loaf, so I got fed up and went to the Spinks the Bakers shop instead from then on. When it was a traditional bakery it was always busy, but I guess they got it wrong. I'm pleased to see that there will be a Beres Pork Shop opening soon Yum !

I would like to see an old fashioned sweet shop, there used to a sweet shop on abbey lane that sold all the old fashioned sweets, and a great one on Totley brook, but they both closed.

Intresting that the above shop is opening as a sandwich shop and cafe

Noticed that the Beres Pork Shop sells bread , suspect they will do very well as there is no other bread shop at that end of woodseats you are right the one oposite the big tree did very well but when he took it over it slid .

Beres is of course next door to where there was a traditional bakers for a number of years (it is now part of the video shop)

i definately vote for sweet shop but you should also sell dolls house furniture as since sandora's box closed down there's nowhere near here that sells good dolls house stuff