Steam trains in Sheffield megathread

The sound it made traveling up the valley in Dronfield with the white steam hanging in the air as it passed was fantasticl, i heard the whistle but was unable to see it due to the trees

here she is earlier tonight at Sheffield station..

DSCN3711.jpg

DSCN3710.jpg

WOW........Love it!!

Fantastic! washed down no doubt, with a couple in the tap afterwards?:)

it was here this morning too- I did post something asking what it was, I live in st Paul's tower and was alerted by the noise - and smell believe it or not! took quite a good aerial photo of it puffing out this morning. just watched it again tonight as we heard it toot as it arrived, a nice sight and I am not even a tain geek :)

I bet thats a nice picture? can you upload it?

Wonder how many more Anoracks like me saw your message too late.

I don't think you need to be an anorak to appreciate the beauty of a steam train! :)

it even made the car alarm go off... listen at the end of andyrads vid :hihi::hihi:

I bet thats a nice picture? can you upload it?

i did look but how do you do it? my photos are not on a website- apart from fb and that is set as only friends- so if you can give me a clue i will try- or will email it you.

Edited by T-JH

I don't think you need to be an anorak to appreciate the beauty of a steam train! :)

agreed, there is something about a steam engine that you just dont get with modern loco's

it even made the car alarm go off... listen at the end of andyrads vid :hihi::hihi:

nah that was the buiding opposite and that bloody alarm was going off before the Engine got there

i did look but how do you do it? my photos are not on a website- apart from fb and that is set as only friends- so if you can give me a clue i will try- or will email it you.

will snd you a pm