The continental market

Too expensive?

I know it's good for sheffield that Europeans come all this way to offer us their wares and I realise they have to make it worth their while. But what can you do when you're skint? I can't really justify 2 or 3 pounds for a slice of apricot pie however elegently elegently glazed it is.

Too expensive?

I know it's good for sheffield that Europeans come all this way to offer us their wares and I realise they have to make it worth their while. But what can you do when you're skint?

Not buy anything:confused:

Yeah it costs a bit more to to me some of the stuff you get there is real quality goods and stuff you just can't get in sheffield.

Too expensive?

I know it's good for sheffield that Europeans come all this way to offer us their wares and I realise they have to make it worth their while. But what can you do when you're skint? I can't really justify 2 or 3 pounds for a slice of apricot pie however elegently elegently glazed it is.

Go to Netto instead?

I think that if you look at the general quality and quantity of "Different" produce on offer, most people would pay a little over the odds for something you would not readily get in Asda or Tesco's. You say "Too expensive" but have you seen the prices of "Taste the difference" and "Organic" food lines out on the shelves and in the fridges of every supermarket chain out there. We never had all this supposedly "Better for you food" when I was growing up and it never did me any harm either. 37 years later and I am still in good health without the help of every health guro telling what I can and can't eat. You have to admit it though, they do have some damn fine foods on the stalls though.

Just think about the poor Europeans who get the 'Sheffield Market' every Christmas:

Low quality terry towelling socks, knock-off footy shirts and plastic bags full of broken digestives.

"Pas dix euro, pas neuf euro, mais HUIT EURO pour les touts!"

Too expensive?

The continental market is way too expensive.

They don't sell anything that exciting anyway.

At least the continental market fills Fargate up with something other than aggressive collectors for random charities, market researchers, rubbish buskers and franticly pathetic religious types preaching the end of days for a few weekends in the year.:hihi:

Yes perhaps its slightly overpriced but the majority of the stalls sell products which are slightly different and the general quality of the food items is generally quite high in my opinion. I think it’s a great thing for Sheffield and im very happy to see it arrive every few months!

i haven't had a look around it yet goin to go tomorrow, but couldn't fail to notice on way to work.....HOT CHOCOLATE WITH EITHER BAILEYS OR BRANDY YUM YUM outside of peace gardens, might just spend the day there.