Shopmobility Sheffield - Sadly Closed

Update Update Update

there have been a couple of changes in pricing and opening hours at Shopmobility Sheffield.

The Eldon street loan point will no longer open on Saturdays, so the opening hours are now

Monday to Friday, 0915 to 1530

This does not affect the Crystal Peaks opening hours.

The pricing has been altered slightly, too (the first increase in five years)

Scoota hire:- day rates

Up to an hour £1.50

Up to 3 hours £3.00

Over 3 hours £5.00

Is it true council or someone trying to stop shop-mobility? Saw something on news other night about a petition your doing to stop them from doing this - if so where can I sign it -as my Dad used this service before he passed and I know he would be so upset if it stops for others (he was a member of the Sheffield Pensioners Action Group (SPAG) so would want me to sign and also I want to sign for all people who can't get about and need this service - thank you and hope its nor true

Edited by Plain Talker
sorry hit edit not quote!!! (PT)

Is it true council or someone trying to stop shop-mobility? Saw something on news other night about a petition your doing to stop them from doing this - if so where can I sign it -as my Dad used this service before he passed and I know he would be so upset if it stops for others (he was a member of the Sheffield Pensioners Action Group (SPAG) so would want me to sign and also I want to sign for all people who can't get about and need this service - thank you and hope its nor true

Shopmobility are struggling for funding. (as are many charities) and are asking the council to give proper funding.

it's feared that the charity may fold, if there is not sufficient money. this would be a tragedy.

Shopmobility are struggling for funding. (as are many charities) and are asking the council to give proper funding.

it's feared that the charity may fold, if there is not sufficient money. this would be a tragedy.

I've found the petition on here and signed it and asked all family and friends to sign to as it would be a shame for it to close - good luck

Scooter/ Wheelchair loans starting 1st January 2012

Up to 3 hours: £ 3.00

Full day: £5.00

Weekend (Friday to Monday): £ 15.00 (available midweek if needed)

1 Week within Sheffield - £ 30.00 plus £ 100.00 refundable deposit

1 week outside Sheffield - £ 50.00 plus £ 100.00 refundable deposit

Wheelchairs free for up to six weeks, (£20.00 refundable deposit) - Shopmobility Sheffield just asks for a donation to keep the service running.

Shopmobility Sheffield Tel (0114) 2812278

Arber House,

West Hill Lane Car Park,

Eldon Street Sheffield S1 4GX

And

Shopmobility Sheffield at Crystal Peaks

At: 11a Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre

S20 7PJ

Tel (0114) 2483802

Just to confirm, the current opening hours and pricing structures at Shopmobility Sheffield:-

Website

http://shopmobility-sheffield.weebly.com/

Eldon Street Loan point :-

day loan and extended loans available from here.

Tel (0114) 2812278

Opening hours:-

0915 -1530 Monday to Friday

Half-day Loan (up to 3 hours) £3.00

Full day loan (3 hours+ ) £5.00

Manual Wheelchairs day loan - free

Manual wheelchairs:- extended loan (Up to 6 weeks) Free, with a returnable deposit of £20, and we ask if possible, a donation towards the running of the service.

Crystal Peaks loan Point

No long-term loans are available from this loan point.

Tel (0114) 2483802

Opening hours, Monday to Saturday 0915 to 1700 (Please return your equipment by 1645, thank you)

Scoota loan

Up to 1 hour: £1.50

Up to 3 Hours:- £3.00

Full day (over 3 hours) £5.00

Manual wheelchairs

Day loan only. Free of charge.

Edited by alternageek

Has shopmobility closed down? I've been trying to get in touch but the crystal peak number doesn't work and eldon st is all locked up

8 hours ago, sabb said:

Has shopmobility closed down? I've been trying to get in touch but the crystal peak number doesn't work and eldon st is all locked up

Sadly it has closed: https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/disabled-shoppers-in-sheffield-hit-by-sudden-closure-of-mobility-scooter-charity-1-9479756

I did a lot of work experience there and gained additional qualifications. It's a shame they lost funding from the council to Clark and Partners. The little ones lose out again...

Edited by Groose

Another victim of the Tories austerity funding. Councils no longer have the money to keep these essential services running, but then as disabled and wheelchair users are 'only' a minority group, they will have to carry the burden once again.

As a group they are the most affected and abused by austerity cuts and the targeted withdrawal of help ever.