Shopmobility Sheffield - Sadly Closed

just to inform folks who might have mobility difficulties, or have friends and relatives who have mobility difficulties, that Shopmobility Sheffield are opening a new Scoota and wheelchair loan point.

The loan point opens tomorrow, Thurs 20th Sept 2007

The new loan point will be at Crystal peaks shopping centre.

Opening hours 0900 to 1700. Monday to Saturday

Location:- on the outside of the centre, between the "Jonathan James shoe shop" entrance, and the "next" entrance, (used to be the old sainsburys)

cost:- £2.50 for the half-day (3-hour loan period) and £4.00 for the full day.

There will be Mobility Scootas and manual wheelchairs for hire, for use around the shopping complex.

To register, you need to bring along two forms of ID, and, just like at Shopmobility's other two loan points, when you registerwith the charity, you will be taken through a short health- and -safety familiarisation course.

Shopmobility also has its own dedicated blue-badge parking spots outside the loan point.

Happy Shopping!

When I know the telephone number for bookings, I wil post it on here. (I havent got it at the moment, but you can book via our city centre point, on (0114) 2812278 as a stop-gap.

Edited by Groose

That`s very good to know keep us posted on the phone number front:thumbsup:! My father finds it very difficult to walk at times,and doesn`t get out that often! I`ve been trying to convince him a scooter would help, but set in his ways,and won`t give in.If he could borrow one it may just convince him

hi, all

the reception with the Lord Mayor, this afternon went very well, very smoothly.

I now have the telephone number for bookings at Crystal Peaks.

it's (0114) 2483802.

Care of Plain Talker, this thread could be useful to people.

Many thanks indeed PT, and apologies for the long delay :(.

Shopmobility also have a website, giving details of the two city centre loan points.

Number 12, Waingate, at the Castle Market complex (between Dollond and Aitchison Optician, and Extreme Mobiles) Open 9.15am -3.30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays Fridays and Saturdays.

Our main office is at the Eldon Street loan point off West street, behind the Tesco. The loan point is open 9.15am to 3.30pm, Monday to Saturday.

the hire-fees are the same, at all three loan-points. Manual Wheelchairs are free to hire, (long term loans on application from Eldon St) and the Mobility Scootas are currently £2.50 for a half-day (three hour) period, or £4.00 for a full day's hire, to return by closing time.

You can also do holiday/ weekly/ weekend loans, or longer-term hire of scootas, from Eldon Street loan point, prices on application.

Here's an update to the Shopmobility Sheffield Information:-

Crystal peaks opening; Shopmobility Sheffield ask that the equipment be returned to the Crystal peaks loan point by 4.45 pm, please in order that it can be checked, cleaned, and put on charge for the closing time of 5pm.

Also if you only need the scoota at Crystal Peaks for up to an hour, a new loan fee has been brought in, of £1.50.

just to inform folks who might have mobility difficulties, or have friends and relatives who have mobility difficulties, that Shopmobility Sheffield are opening a new Scoota and wheelchair loan point.

The loan point opens tomorrow, Thurs 20th Sept 2007

The new loan point will be at Crystal peaks shopping centre.

Opening hours 0900 to 1700. Monday to Saturday

Location:- on the outside of the centre, between the "Jonathan James shoe shop" entrance, and the "next" entrance, (used to be the old sainsburys)

cost:- £2.50 for the half-day (3-hour loan period) and £4.00 for the full day.

There will be Mobility Scootas and manual wheelchairs for hire, for use around the shopping complex.

To register, you need to bring along two forms of ID, and, just like at Shopmobility's other two loan points, when you registerwith the charity, you will be taken through a short health- and -safety familiarisation course.

Shopmobility also has its own dedicated blue-badge parking spots outside the loan point.

Happy Shopping!

When I know the telephone number for bookings, I wil post it on here. (I havent got it at the moment, but you can book via our city centre point, on (0114) 2812278 as a stop-gap.

i am disabled and go to donny it costs me 50p per hr for scooter

i would love to go to sheff but dont know where shop mobility is

i would love to go to sheff but dont know where shop mobility is

Shopmobility has three outlets. waingate at the market, Crystal peaks, and the main office at Eldon street,(off west street)

Phone either number to make a booking, and whoever it is on duty will be happy to give you directions to the loan point you wish to use!

Sheffield Shopmobility:

Sheffield shopmobility are a charity which provides mobility scootas and wheelchairs to people who need them.

Their trademark is smiles open doors, and they live up to it. They are all really friendly and helpful.

The website is here: http://www.shopmobility-sheffield.org.uk/

When you first go in,hey ask to see proof of ID such as an official letter, passport etc and they teach you how to use the equipment.

If you wish to borrow for more than a day they also ask for a deposit of £20 for wheelchairs and £100 for scootas. Deposits are refunded after the item has been brought back.

Wheelchairs are free to borrow, donations are apriciated but not required.

Scootas are £2.50 for 3 hours, £4 for a day, £25 for a week.

They have a safety policy of servicing all vehicles at least once every six weeks, (and after every use) if you need one for longer than that then they will ask you to bring it in after six weeks and they will give you another.

They have three offices, eldon street (next to the tesco on west street), waingate (castle market) and crystal peaks.

(chesterfield/meadowhall are different organisations.)

If you want to buy a scoota/wheelchair, they are great people to ask for advice, because they are a charity with lots of experience, also they sometimes have a couple for sale, as they are always renewing their stock.

Just to inform folk:-

Shopmobility Sheffield has had to take the sad decision to close the loan point in castle Markets (Waingate)

HOWEVER:-

Loans ARE still available from the Eldon Street (city Centre) loan point (from 0915-1530hrs Monday to Saturday), and at the Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre loan point (0915-1645hrs, Monday to Saturday)

City Centre contact number (0114) 2812278

Crystal Peaks contact number (0114) 2483802