Old Spider Park In Wisewood

Being part of the group would involve attending meetings, ideas on what should be on the park, help with organising fundraising ventures, giving a few hours of your time to help with sending letters etc.........

How would you propose to remove the youths from the area at night, or encourage them not to damage or fire the new equipment?

At very least you would need a regular patrol every morning to remove broken glass bottles and other 'nasty' items.

How would you propose to remove the youths from the area at night, or encourage them not to damage or fire the new equipment?

At very least you would need a regular patrol every morning to remove broken glass bottles and other 'nasty' items.

This is the reason for a group, to discuss things of this nature.

The local PCSO's will be involved with the group, so naturally, I would consult with them on what to do about the youths on the park.

The council would also need consulting as to cleaning the park up every morning.

If you want to become involved in the group feel free to pm me.

I agree we need a “good” park in the area as so far all we have is a couple of swings at Loxley.

Having read through this thread all that seams to be happening is people arguing about gangs of kids. I will admit I haven’t been to the Spider Park for years but I would imagine kids hang around here because it is pretty private with poor lighting.

Take the shops I think the lighting round the shops is poor and you have to ask why do children hang round there probably getting something out of it (someone is selling them there fags).

Barmy Owl mentioned about poor areas having parks from my experience these areas deal with youths differently for example the area around Norfolk Park has wardens who walk round the area at night also you have a more noticeable police presence (cars driving round to and from shouts) when did we last see one around hear.

Back to issue of the park now I have had my rant - if you look on the Black Lane thread Sanman is trying to get a park in Loxley which will be funded by Bradfield Parish Council. The whole thread is about a field which was bought to become a park actually being used for something else.

You should try getting in touch with Sanman as it would be better resource to have one good park rather than 2 groups trying to get 2 smaller parks.

I think it may be better if loxley have a park and wisewood have a park, as there is some distance between them. Im not aware of any land that is accesible to both loxley and wisewood which is easy to get to for both.

I will PM sanman though, see what he says

I agree with loopylulu on this. Although it would be ideal to have a single park in reality because of its location it would be seen as one areas and not shared. Also people like to have an easy walk to a park as quite often there are children in pushchairs or toddlers that are going.

Just one other point BPC has not agreed to fund a park at Loxley. They have reciognised that there is a need and this is why Black Lane was purchased. This is also backed up by the village appraisal that was conducted.

I have absolutely no problem though with the two groups helping one another with funding information and other contacts. For instance in the past I have had involvement with Sutcliffe Play who can help design the playground and provide the play equipment. I'm happt to pass on contact details etc if it would help.

Regards

Mark

I agree with loopylulu on this. Although it would be ideal to have a single park in reality because of its location it would be seen as one areas and not shared. Also people like to have an easy walk to a park as quite often there are children in pushchairs or toddlers that are going.

Just one other point BPC has not agreed to fund a park at Loxley. They have reciognised that there is a need and this is why Black Lane was purchased. This is also backed up by the village appraisal that was conducted.

I have absolutely no problem though with the two groups helping one another with funding information and other contacts. For instance in the past I have had involvement with Sutcliffe Play who can help design the playground and provide the play equipment. I'm happt to pass on contact details etc if it would help.

Regards

Mark

Thanks, any help would be gratefully received as I have never took on such an adventure as this so it would be good to have people like sutcliffe play involved.

Any information I receive I will also pass on.

Thanks

You may think of looking carefully at the pros & cons of 'lighting'.

While it may provide a perception of increased security, it can sometimes increase problems.

It often extends the time that undesirables will hang around a playground at night.

Lighting, alone, rarely prevents vandalism from occurring.

Take the shops I think the lighting round the shops is poor and you have to ask why do children hang round there probably getting something out of it (someone is selling them there fags).

I think they sell them stronger stuff than silk cut mate :D

also you have a more noticeable police presence (cars driving round to and from shouts) when did we last see one around hear..

You obviously don't live near the shops then, I happen to live across from them and I see a police car or more every hour.

Maybe soneone can call in at the Penine housing office on Cox Place/ Hallowmoor Rd and see what they can offer the area as far as money or materials are concerned?

Maybe soneone can call in at the Penine housing office on Cox Place/ Hallowmoor Rd and see what they can offer the area as far as money or materials are concerned?

Im already onto it.:)