Old Spider Park In Wisewood

There was an old park in wisewood kids loved it, swings,slide and spider climbing frame hence the name spider park!

now yes it had graffitti, and it got the odd bit of vandalism, so they took all this away , now its become waste land apart from a five aside pitch on it! and soon there will be a climbing rock WOW!:hihi:

the point is complaints was made about yobs on the park at night as the same for most parks in sheffield most likely,thats the reason there will never be a park there!

now there was a few problems with kids hanging around the wisewood shops, the PCSOs HAVE SAID move to the old spider park at night BUT make sure you leave it tidy ie move your beer cans etc (like they would do this anyway) so more complaints was made about the spider park with yobs, BUT its the PCSOs that moved them there and not solved the problem!

NOW alot of parents want our park back on wisewood for our young kids! but the council say ERMMM NO because theres a problem with yobs on the park:loopy::loopy:

but around sheffield in some dodgy areas i see nice new parks , and yes they get yobs on at night! so why cant wisewood get its park back somthing needs to be done BUT i find im going in circles just to try help our local community !

I totally agree. I am at Loxley & the nearest park is Hillsborough, quite a distance. When I was young there was the spider park at Wisewood & 2 small parks at Loxley, one on the gala field & one on the council estate.

the area must be comparable to Stannington & Oughtibridge & they both have noce parks.

i live on dial house road i can see the park from my house and i agree with you.we need somthing for our kids. its being used as a storage place at the moment for the re build so lets hope that we can all get together and do somthing about this for when they have gone foxy !! with another bit at the end was going to do somthing about this i offerd my help but she never got back to me about this......what can we do and is anyone wanting to help!!!!!...i will

I was going to set up a group to get a park on the spider park but am so busy at the moment with 3 kids and the campaign to Save Wisewood School!

I will gladly help when im not so busy.

If anybody is wanting to help with getting a park on the Spider park then I suggest that you speak to Steve Ayris the Lib Dem councillor in this area as he is involved at the moment with this or Chris who is a member of the Wisewood TARA.

i live on dial house road i can see the park from my house and i agree with you.we need somthing for our kids. its being used as a storage place at the moment for the re build so lets hope that we can all get together and do somthing about this for when they have gone foxy !! with another bit at the end was going to do somthing about this i offerd my help but she never got back to me about this......what can we do and is anyone wanting to help!!!!!...i will

Well when the storage things gone , they have said they will offer a ....WAIT for it a climbing ROCK!! great in it :loopy:

steve ayris (lib dem)i have been told is trying to do somthing to try get a park! which is more than our labour two councillors are doing in this area!! its like talking to a brick wall with them:mad:

that will be good for my and any other disabled kid

and the younger ones what about them

that will be good for my and any other disabled kid

and the younger ones what about them

this is my point we need somthing for everyone in the area! steve aris (lib dems) is wanting some parents to set up a group to get the ball rolling on this park , so any parents please contact him on this

i here a group may be getting together to start planning ideas for this park would anyone off here like to volunteer for the group as well

barmyowls, it seems to me that youre laying alot of the blame on the pcsos for moving the "yobs" onto the park. Having some knowledge about this situation i know there werent a few complaints about them on the shops - there were a lot! From shop keepers and residents.

Ive seen the state of the park, but i also know that the pcsos youre referring to have been trying as hard as they can about trying to get it cleaned up. The powers that be have said no to this.

Its not a perfect situation, but with the options available i and the majority would prefer them on the park rather than hanging about outside the post office. If you can suggest somewhere else, we'd be open to it, but however hard you try - theyre not gonna go home.

This area is in desperate need of a park. I will write to the counsellor mentioned. A climbing wall would be welcome as part of a park with facilities for everyone, its no use to anyone on it own.

Slightly changing the subject - with regards to the yobs on the shops. I have often wondered who there parents are? Would you let your child out knowing full well they were going to spend the next few hours standing outside the local shops spitting, swearing, smoking & genally intimitading people? I certainly wouldn't.

barmyowls, it seems to me that youre laying alot of the blame on the pcsos for moving the "yobs" onto the park. Having some knowledge about this situation i know there werent a few complaints about them on the shops - there were a lot! From shop keepers and residents.

Ive seen the state of the park, but i also know that the pcsos youre referring to have been trying as hard as they can about trying to get it cleaned up. The powers that be have said no to this.

Its not a perfect situation, but with the options available i and the majority would prefer them on the park rather than hanging about outside the post office. If you can suggest somewhere else, we'd be open to it, but however hard you try - theyre not gonna go home.

The pcso's have stated that they encourage the 'yobs' to go onto the spiderpark, but to clean up there mess. They are not doing this. The pcso's do pass it onto the council and it is there job to clean it.

I am now hoping to start a group up to get a new park on the spider park, so we will have to come up with some ideas on where the 'yobs' will go.

If anybody is interested in being a part of the group to get a new park please PM me.