Tracing Glossop Family

I seem to remember a Brian? who died in a caravan at Robin Hood 1980's?

My grandfather died in 1961,he was 83 ,his full name was George Byron Glossop.Thank you for the reply.

I knew a Jack Glossop who lived on Fentonville St. Sharrow. He died quite young of Asthma or similar problem.

That family were neighbours of mine. There were other related Glossops further along the street. But I am afraid I have no further details. We all knew Jack. He was a dapper fellow who liked his nights out but kept himslef to himself.

My uncle Lawrence was a school caretaker in the heeley area,he died about 1970 from lung disease, He did have a son who would have been about 10 years old when his dad died.Uncle Lawrence was a tall thin man and was always very well dressed ,he too was very quiet man.

On 13/01/2010 at 13:07, sandraw said:

my husband is darkie glossops grandson, his mother was darkies daughterthere are loads of glossops in sheffield and around the country

John Patrick Glossop? Is this the same family?

Hi 

John Patrick Glossop, his brother is Lawrence who lived/lives in Leeds. 

interested to learn more about this family history if this relates to anyone on here 

Hello, is anyone still active on this topic? I’ve read through the thread and would love to know what you have found out. I am a great great granddaughter of Darkie Glossop and trying to do the family tree! 
thanks

Clare

Edited by strawberryclare

On 15/01/2010 at 11:26, Le Baron said:

Hi,

I am related to "Darkie Tom" Glossop in some way but not yet got that far down the family line, I have a few photographs of him and a family stood outside the caravan, my father always said they were the Gypsies of the family. The connection to the Earl of Scarborough (According to my Aunt Edith, who has since passed away) was that he was the father of John Glossop (My Great Great Grandfather) born to Elizabeth Glossop in Laughton En Le Morthen, there is no father recorded on his Baptism certificate, only Elizabeth Glossop, who was a Spinster. I've not found any proof that he was the father, but have been told the Earl had quite a few illegitimate children, so who knows??? My grandfather was John Glossop who lived on Rudyard Road, Hillsboro, my father was Stephen Glossop, who remebers darkie Tom but thought they were Gypsies.

For Marnham, I would love to hear any stories you have of Darkie Tom, did his wife die in suspicious curcumstances?? heard rumours of this but nothing concrete.

All the Best Barry Glossop of Sheffield.

Hello, are you still active on here? If so can I ask some questions about John Glossop as I’m doing my family tree and am a bit confused! 
thanks