Northern General Hospital - Agenda for Change

I am at the lowly end of the organisation, domestic services .

no, you arent lowly ... you do just as important a job as any nurse/doctor/admin ... cant see the consultants donning a pinny and gloves and mopping up the crap you have to deal with, can you!??!!

nothing lowly about the domestics! it really hacks me off when the nhs is talked about and they only ever refer to doctors and nurses. i'm not knocking either of these groups because they do a fab job but there are so many other people involved - radiographers, labs staff, physios, hca's, clerical staff, canteen staff, domestics, porters.................................................and many many more. at my hospital the porters and some of the traditionally lower paid jobs really did get shafted. dunno if it ever got sorted because it all went very quiet on the afc news front when the powers that be didn't like the response they were getting.

I've had mine at RHH. I have a problem with mine though. I am waiting for them to get back to me. According to mine I am worth less per hour when I returned to work after maternity leave.....doesn't sound right to me!

Hurray ! I FINALLY received my Agenda For Change offer - but, as I thought, I won't be accepting the it. Apparently if I do accept, I will owe them over £2,700 which has to be paid to them as a lump sum ! I can actually think of better things to spend more than the next 2 months wages on !

My job has been assessed and apparently I am worth less than I am being paid. It's so lovely to know how valued I am ! It's no wonder that morale in the NHS is rock bottom.

Hurray ! I FINALLY received my Agenda For Change offer - but, as I thought, I won't be accepting the it. Apparently if I do accept, I will owe them over £2,700 which has to be paid to them as a lump sum ! I can actually think of better things to spend more than the next 2 months wages on !

My job has been assessed and apparently I am worth less than I am being paid. It's so lovely to know how valued I am ! It's no wonder that morale in the NHS is rock bottom.

Yet if they owe you money, you could be waiting months if not years for it! I don't know what I've done with my forms now...

Yet if they owe you money, you could be waiting months if not years for it! I don't know what I've done with my forms now...
I'm thinking of asking STH management how much they are making in interest on unpaid wages - it must be a colossal amount of money!

Well, after all this time, I have finally received a letter saying that my offer has been processed. I left the Trust in July 2008, and had to write in to them to advise I still wanted to receive any back pay owed.

The letter I received last week just says that I have a 'positive' payment due to me and asked me to fill in a form with my bank details. There was no figure given of the amount.

I rang the number on the letter yesterday and was told that they couldn't tell me at the moment how much I was due to receive, because that was now in the hands of Payroll to process.

I've been told that the payment should go into my account at the end of April. So, now it's just a case of 'wait and see' how much goes in!!

Got my review,no changes there then

Edited by estweyn

Just to say also I went on the very early a4c training, it was put over that no matter where you worked for the nhs in the country you would get the same pay

Edited by estweyn

All unions within the NHS are a waste of space ! Who is JC ?

cant say it will be reported

Edited by estweyn

Not Jesus Christ although sometimes referred to in those terms, John Campbell Unison

Wow! I have to say that it's not before time ! Have you any idea why ?