Northern General Hospital - Agenda for Change

cant possibly comment

Edited by estweyn

I myself am on AFC and have been for a few years now and i am better off on it, if only by a small margin. When my department was offered the chance to move onto AFC not everyone accepted it, some declined as they were under the impression they would end up owing the trust money, sometimes thousands. This is not the case, if you do not back date your contract and just accept it from the date of signing then you or the trust do not either any money, you just gain a extra holiday. This is what a lot of people are being miss guided on so are turning down the AFC for the wrong reasons.

I have also heard that come next year when the national pay rises comes in the local pay will not be able to match the national one that AFC will offer.

As for all jobs being equal nationally that is a load of bull. Our depatment is on different grades from others even in the same county. Ours is loosing out for 1 reason or another.

The trust are wonderful

Edited by estweyn

I thought A4C meant that if you do a job anywhere in the country you would be paid the sameQUOTE]

That's what I thought, but someone on this forum disagreed with me.

Edited by evolution200
Privacy

I appealed against my offer and just found out that I actually won!! After doing my research I found that in some cases there was more than 1 job description for the same job title and at different pay bands. It looks as though the lazy beggars have just picked the first one they had seen and not bothered to read the descriptions fully and that caused unfair banding.

once again when comparing to other organisations within the NHS people have failed to appreciate that same job title does not equal same job description does not equal same banding

AFC offers equal pay for work of equal value - based on the duties in your job description. consequently it is the job description that is submitted that banded, not the individual , and any addons over and abocve your job description are not evaluated - equally you aren't aobliged to carry out therse duties - or if management wise to make it part ofthe job they have to rewrite and rescore the job description.

It's gone very quiet on here! Just wondered if everyone is sorted?

I was promised a review of my job description by my manager after mine and my colleague's appeal failed in April and our job was now significantly different. Didn't hear anything for ages so asked again in September about a review (not an appeal) but didn't hear anything again. Finally put it in writing in November and got a reply asking me to write my own job description then my manager would look at it and then decide if they could support me!

My colleague isn't even sure that they'll bother.

I know that I should have have pulled my finger out and done it earlier but just so busy!

I'm on the same banding after 7 years experience, a post-graduate course and team leader and on-call responsibilities as a secondee with limited experience, no course and no team or on-call responsibilities. It's so nice to feel valued!

I work in Payroll in NHS and see what goes through, its strange how i am on a 4 and employees at Leeds are a 5? I see it all and it just makes my blood boil!

Redrose I wouldnt even bother. Waste of time. I was told to print off jobs I found on the NHS website that were similar to mine Note bands 5 and 6 and re write my job description and resubmit as a new job, which I did. I came out matched to the same one as previously and I got less points than before, so still a band 3. Totally demoralised now as I have a job description that reflects much more responsiblility than my previous band 3 one and have to work to that one now, but elsewhere for the same job people are getting band 5 or even 6. But what can we do

my department was one of the first to go on afc we didnt appeal at the time because we didnt think we could get any higher grade than what we where given now we know we should have fought it because other departments doing less than us are on higher and although we cannot claim back pay now, we are in the middle of appealing but this in its self is a very long drawn out affair !