Sheffield Council in chaos

What is going on ?

Sir Bob Kerslake the Chief exec is going

Jonathan Crossley-Holland Education Chief has gone

(Are the rats deserting the ship)

The leader Jan Wilson is still very ill

The leader of the opposition is standing for parliament (so won't be around long if he does take power.

The balance of power is held by some newly formed bizare Sheffield Group

The Council are being taken to court by the parents of Wisewood School for trying to shut down and will probably lose.

I see trouble ahead

Really is Bob going - when????

I didnt think JCH was going until January??

sounds like the best news I've heard in aeons.

sounds like the best news I've heard in aeons.

Unfortunately, bad councillors leaving isn't always good news; they might be replaced by even worse ones.

Unfortunately, bad councillors leaving isn't always good news; they might be replaced by even worse ones.

it's not the councillors that are leaving, it's the officers, wonder if they've had enough of working for i***s?

What is going on ?

The Council are being taken to court by the parents of Wisewood School for trying to shut down and will probably lose.

I see trouble ahead

I wonder if there is a connection ???:D I wonder if someone, somewhere in the council is actually starting to realise the mistakes that have been made.

Note to council staff remaining: Mistakes need to be rectified or they will never be forgotten. Admit the mistakes and correct them instead of proceeding with nonsensical policies and plans.

True. However, this council has had to take notice of its residents recently. If it doesnt, it now knows that they will not just shut up and put up. If it doesnt play by the rules then we can and will take them to court.

What is going on ?

The leader of the opposition is standing for parliament (so won't be around long if he does take power.

I see trouble ahead

To use that definition of "chaos" the country would be in chaos every time there was a change of government after a general election - or even a cabinet re-shuffle.

To use that definition of "chaos" the country would be in chaos every time there was a change of government after a general election - or even a cabinet re-shuffle.

SCC has been in chaos for years, it's now the norm :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Note to council staff remaining: Mistakes need to be rectified or they will never be forgotten.

I'm sure that with have them all quaking in their boots.

What is going on ?

I see trouble ahead

I think your looking into this too much. J Crossley-Holland was in his job for about twenty years. I heard he wanted to take one more big roel before retirement and he was leaving SCC with a heavy heart, maybe the bloke just fancies a new challenge. Where did you get the information that BOb is also leaving? I haven't heard a word about it