Religious symbols worn at school.

A teenager has been excluded from school for wearing a religious bangle.

Sarika Singh, 14, refused to remove her Sikh bracelet, known as a Kara, because she feels it is "a constant reminder to do good".

A spokesman for the school in South Wales confirmed that a pupil had been temporarily excluded for failing to accept a governors' ruling.

Aberdare Girls School has a strict uniform policy which prevents pupils from wearing any kind of religious symbols.

Muslim girls are not allowed to wear headscarves at the school and all pupils are prevented from openly displaying their faith.

Despite the rules, the youngster's mother Sinita said the family are seeking legal advice in an attempt to challenge the decision.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23419823-details/School+sends+girl%2C+14%2C+home+for+wearing+a+Sikh+bracelet/article.do

Now surely if the school have a strict policy for ALL students, what gives her the right to object to it, there is no discrimination, although i dont agree with the ban if it includes a crucifix on a chain, or other small items worn, this school have taken pro-active action to prevent any accusations of bias.

Does it include birth marks in the shape of the baby Jesus?

Do they still allow you to put Jubilee Clips on your private parts ?

Is it permitted to have your pubic hair shaved into the shape of Venus, goddess of love?

I was expelled for that when I was 12.......

Is it permitted to have your pubic hair shaved into the shape of Venus, goddess of love?

I was expelled for that when I was 12.......

Was that because she had a really big nose?

Was that because she had a really big nose?

I'm not sure - would you like to blow it for me?

My strict religious beliefs mean that I am unable to handle the religious artefacts of other, lesser religions. So sorry. I'm not allowed to eat Corned beef or wear necklaces made of Pussy Willow either. Just so that you know and can respect my wishes.

As a result of my religious beliefs I'm only allowed blood transfusions from vampires and can only sit down if my buttocks are facing east. Furthermore I cannot eat anything that has previously been eaten by an animal and I must fast for 24 hours every time Leeds United lose.

PS - has mr contrite got bored and gone away yet?

As a result of my religious beliefs I'm only allowed blood transfusions from vampires and can only sit down if my buttocks are facing east. Furthermore I cannot eat anything that has previously been eaten by an animal and I must fast for 24 hours every time Leeds United lose.

He was last seen joining the moonies and trying to drag Tom Cruise along with him.

You must have been hungry last season

Oh no, no, no, no! My religion strictly forbids indulging in putting down another man's football team in the name of humour. The punishment for starting such tedium is death by swiss roll. Bend over Stormy.