Police ignoring Buses & Taxi only route - London Road

Perhaps because you were getting a camera phone out to take a picture of the car and they were suspicious? I certainly wouldn't be that impressed if someone decided to start taking photos of me in my car as I was driving around.

Seriously - They were using a bus lane. So what. I'm sure they're entitled to use it. Don't see the problem? Seems like a serious case of splitting very tiny hairs.

Should I use that lane in the future and get stopped for violating the law i'll remember your thin hairs fondly.

Should I use that lane in the future and get stopped for violating the law i'll remember your thin hairs fondly.

You do that, after all you're not a member of the police or other emergency service :)

You do that, after all you're not a member of the police or other emergency service :)

Think you're missing the point; double standards!

I would draw your attention to the following:

"Essential service vehicles shall be allowed to use bus lanes at all times. These would include:

Ambulance, Fire, Police, Coastguard, or any emergency service vehicle (whether on an emergency call or not)

Hospital vehicles, National Blood Transfusion service, and other essential medical supplies.

Any Doctor, Nurse or Midwife attending a patient.

Any vehicle conveying a person requiring urgent medical treatment to Hospital.

Any veterinary surgeon or animal welfare service attending or conveying a sick or injured animal.

Utility company vehicles en route to an emergency (gas,electric,water,etc)

Breakdown service vehicles en route to a breakdown (AA,RAC,etc)

Royal Mail vehicles

Meals on wheels services

Military vehicles

Funeral cortèges

Lifeboat crew responding to emergency call

Vehicles transporting prisoners"

More at http://www.abd.org.uk/buslanes.htm

You had a valid question though and it seems the police did themselves no favours by possibly fobbing you off.

Think you're missing the point; double standards!

What double standards? They're allowed to use the lanes, you're not :)

I would draw your attention to the following:

"Essential service vehicles shall be allowed to use bus lanes at all times. These would include:

Ambulance, Fire, Police, Coastguard, or any emergency service vehicle (whether on an emergency call or not)

Hospital vehicles, National Blood Transfusion service, and other essential medical supplies.

Any Doctor, Nurse or Midwife attending a patient.

Any vehicle conveying a person requiring urgent medical treatment to Hospital.

Any veterinary surgeon or animal welfare service attending or conveying a sick or injured animal.

Utility company vehicles en route to an emergency (gas,electric,water,etc)

Breakdown service vehicles en route to a breakdown (AA,RAC,etc)

Royal Mail vehicles

Meals on wheels services

Military vehicles

Funeral cortèges

Lifeboat crew responding to emergency call

Vehicles transporting prisoners"

More at http://www.abd.org.uk/buslanes.htm

You had a valid question though and it seems the police did themselves no favours by possibly fobbing you off.

Thats all I wanted, a valid explanation. not abuse.

I would like to take a photo so that I can write to the police with eveidence and then receive an explanation.

Why should the police have to justify their actions and even bother to give you a response?

Also, how can they be "nervously looking around"? what have they to be nervous about? if they were doing anything wrong, who's going to arrest them? - fool :loopy:

If they drive through there at 5mph or 100mph with their lights going, or the wrong way chasing a criminal, then so what? they should be entitled to drive through in whatever manner they wish.

Get a grip, stop being an idiot and more importantly, stop wasting police time by submitting such ridiculous queries.

:loopy:

I was walking to walk this morning when I noticed a police car approaching the 'Buses & Taxis' only straight on junction near Lowfield School. They crept up to it real slow, nervously checking to see if anyone was around then, ignoring the sign went straight through.

This is the third occasion I have witnessed such a blatent violation of road law. Just as they passed through I got my phone out to take a photo in the hope I could report them. By the time I was in a position to snap they had gone through and pulled up next to me to ask:

Nothing new there. I watched a police car get in the right hand lane of a roundabout, then proceed to turn left cutting up all the cars correctly waiting. No siren, no lights.

Why should the police have to justify their actions and even bother to give you a response?

Because they're subject to the law like everyone else.

Also, how can they be "nervously looking around"? what have they to be nervous about? if they were doing anything wrong, who's going to arrest them? - fool :loopy:

Other police officers will arrest them if they are seen to be breaking the law.

If they drive through there at 5mph or 100mph with their lights going, or the wrong way chasing a criminal, then so what? they should be entitled to drive through in whatever manner they wish.

As long as their lights and siren are going, agreed.

If not then they should answer for their mistakes like everyone else has to.

Get a grip, stop being an idiot and more importantly, stop wasting police time by submitting such ridiculous queries.:loopy:

I don't see the problem... the police must operate within the law. If they don't they should be sanctioned.

I don't see the problem... the police must operate within the law. If they don't they should be sanctioned.

That would be the law that says they're entitled to use bus lanes and bus gates, then.

Your not an emergency service, it's not double standards they are allowed to use them, read my origianl post.

They can also treat red lights as give way signs when attencing an emergency call aswell. If your struggling to identify an emergency service vehicle, for future reference they are the ones with Blue lights on top and uniformed personnel inside :0)

I agree that if they themselves break the law wether on duty or not, as public servants and individuals that should know better then they deserve all they get, but when they haven't done anything wrong, just leave them alone.

Why would they stop to talk to me if they feel they haven't broken any rules? anyone?

Maybe it's because they were being sociable and friendly.

If you had asked them a question and they had ignored you and driven off, youd've probably have been on here moaning what an ignorant lot they were....