Sheffield Bookers

I took some stick at school for the fact that my surname rhymed with something unfortunate..... :hihi: I know I can't be the only Booker from Sheffield (apart from my dad that is!) so, how many others are there and how many might I be related to? :)

my grandmother was a 'booker'. She had several sisters and two brothers - they originated from Darnall - then my grandmother lived most of her life in Handsworth. Is this any help?

I took some stick at school for the fact that my surname rhymed with something unfortunate..... :hihi: I know I can't be the only Booker from Sheffield (apart from my dad that is!) so, how many others are there and how many might I be related to? :)

i used to live across the road from a booker family. Mother was divorced and lived with her 4 daughters and one son

i used to go to school with a melvin booker,off wordsworth avenue,he had a brother paul,and also 2 sisters,1 older,1 younger,i always, until recently,thought it was only mel and paul.they,like you,were mad blades.

I took some stick at school for the fact that my surname rhymed with something unfortunate.....

What, hooker?

There was a Marie Booker went to Thornbridge School (Now Birley School) in the mid 80's

I just looked on the "UK-Info Disk" (based on the 2004 electoral roll) and there are 225 people listed in Sheffield with the surname Booker - so you are far from being alone!

Back in the 1940's a guy named Booker used to have a horse and cart from which he sold fruit and veg in the Birley Street, Woodside Lane areas.

My great great great grand dad Isaac Ward married Elizabeth Booker! Any help?

If it rhymes with something unfortunate, move down South, then it won't.