Police activity Wath Road, Netheredge 5/11/07

Just tried to drive down Wath Road and it has been blocked off, lots of police about, anyone know whats happened?

I heard on Radio Sheffield news this morning that 2 bodies have been found,police treating it as murder,and someone had been arrested.

Saw on breaking news on Sky there had been a double murder in Sheffield this a,m, anyone know 'owt?

In common with all crimes, alleged crimes and other similar circumstances, please don't post any specific information about this incident that hasn't been released by the police.

This includes the actual address, the names of the deceased and any other details of what's happened.

If what you know is real evidence them the correct place for it is with the police- if it's hearsay or speculation then please just don't voice it here.

Erk, I don't like it. Can see the police cordon from my bedroom window. Not very nice goings on at all.

I heard about it and saw it this morning as I went to work, I've read the reports and am no wiser than any one who has read this thread but interestingly I probably feel less threatened by the incident than I did when I heard about the young lad who got shot in Burngreave and I'm not really sure why. A very strange reaction as it happened just round the corner. Perhaps it is because it seemed relitively contained, happened inside and an arrest has already been made.

Still it isn't what you expect, but it makes me wonder about the way things are reported and the incident itself that I can be less threatened by a double murder happening one street away than a single murder the other side of the city.

I heard about it and saw it this morning as I went to work, I've read the reports and am no wiser than any one who has read this thread but interestingly I probably feel less threatened by the incident than I did when I heard about the young lad who got shot in Burngreave and I'm not really sure why. A very strange reaction as it happened just round the corner. Perhaps it is because it seemed relitively contained, happened inside and an arrest has already been made.

Still it isn't what you expect, but it makes me wonder about the way things are reported and the incident itself that I can be less threatened by a double murder happening one street away than a single murder the other side of the city.

Or maybe it is not as worrying because this seems less 'random' than the incidents that happen on the street. I know we can't talk about what might have happened but since this doesn't look like a bungled break in and it doesn't seem random then the threat to you as an indivudual is lower - hence you feel less threatened.