Driving instructor - Megathread

Looking for an instructor to give me a quick refresher course (not driven since I passed last November) along with take me for my Pass Plus as I'm going to be doing a bit of Motorway driving.

Looking to start ASAP, could do with being PM'd as I don't check here much and PMs will come to me via email :)

Looking for an instructor to give me a quick refresher course (not driven since I passed last November) along with take me for my Pass Plus as I'm going to be doing a bit of Motorway driving.

Looking to start ASAP, could do with being PM'd as I don't check here much and PMs will come to me via email :)

More than happy to do Pass Plus

Usually £150, will do it for £135 as a Forum member

Call me to discuss (leave a message if necessary)

Hi All

I have recently started driving lessons (1.3 Mjet 500), however, my driving instructor can no longer do saturdays.

Due to work and other committments, I can not do weekdays, and I do not feel ready to start driving in the dark/ fog just yet to drive after work. Living in S10 its already foggy in the evenings :gag:

I have approached a few other driving schools and they wont work saturdays as they do not believe that "the traffic conditions are right/ normal".

Although I would ideal like to carry on learning in a 500 (not BSM) I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new instructor that will work saturday mornings

Thank you all in advance.

Hi All

I have recently started driving lessons (1.3 Mjet 500), however, my driving instructor can no longer do saturdays.

Due to work and other committments, I can not do weekdays, and I do not feel ready to start driving in the dark/ fog just yet to drive after work. Living in S10 its already foggy in the evenings :gag:

I have approached a few other driving schools and they wont work saturdays as they do not believe that "the traffic conditions are right/ normal".

Although I would ideal like to carry on learning in a 500 (not BSM) I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new instructor that will work saturday mornings

Thank you all in advance.

Hi

We work on the weekends and would happy to take on new work. If you'd like more information, please visit our website or contact me on 078 173 08 999.

Regards.

Maneem

Well iv got my driving test tommorrow! And my instructors played me along and he has said his car is in the garage! I am in need of an instuctor who has a new shape corsaa! Any reccomendations people??

awww bless you thats a right smack in the teeth hope you find one x

why not just work your way through the yellow pages a long shot at such short notice but maybee worth a try x

Go to Vauxhall garage...try and fluke a test drive? Buy L Plates from Halfords on the way...

Well iv got my driving test tommorrow! And my instructors played me along and he has said his car is in the garage! I am in need of an instuctor who has a new shape corsaa! Any reccomendations people??

My advice would be to raise this with your instructor. The instructor concerned may agree to pay your test fee.

i have a new car and am looking to start lessons asap but im very busy at the moment, most instrutors iv asked only do set time slots, are there any around who could do different times each week?

why not just work your way through the yellow pages a long shot at such short notice but maybee worth a try x

You'll be lucky. I'm not saying this is the case in this instance, but thats usually an excuse for an instructor NOT to take you up for test because they feel you're not ready and haven't got the nerve to tell you. Any other instructor that is contacted by someone saying they have a test at short notice and their instructor has let them down (for whatever reason) usually reads between the lines.

I can honestly say that in 11 years, I've never let anyone down in this way as its very unprofessional. If your instructors car IS in the garage, then personally if it was me, I'd make every effort to get a hire car or find another instructor for you myself.

i have a new car and am looking to start lessons asap but im very busy at the moment, most instrutors iv asked only do set time slots, are there any around who could do different times each week?

Depending on where you live, we might be able to help.

We work 7.30am to 9pm most days during the week and 7.30am to 5pm Saturdays.

Current prices:

Beginners Course £75 for the first 5 hours (usually taken as two 1.5 hour lessons followed by a final 2 hour one)

then

£21 per hour for Forum members (normally £22)

or you can pay for a block of 10 hours at £199 (normally £205).

Pass Plus is usually £150, will do it for £135 for Forum member

I would rather learn in a small car if that was what I was planning on purchasing after I passed, just as I would with a large car if that's what I was going to buy. Why learn and get used to driving a small car if you are buying a big car?