Driving instructor - Megathread

Any Suggestions? Also has any one used Darren?

Darrenhansonadi - he has a website and also mentions approved by dsa

:confused:

Any Suggestions? Also has any one used Darren?

Darrenhansonadi - he has a website and also mentions approved by dsa

:confused:

Without being "approved" by the DSA he wouldn't be an ADI (approved driving instructor) and he wouldn't be allowed to take money or money's worth for lessons. So being "approved by the DSA" says very little.

What says more is how long an ADI has been qualified (check the ADI is actually fully-qualified - a good few out there are only part-qualified and are training/trading on a pink licence - the full ADI licence is green); what Grade was given at a check test (new ADI's will not have been graded); what extra qualifications in driving +\or instruction have been taken and passed; how the instructor is keeping uptodate and developing his/her skills and knowledge

(E.g. Ask about the Hermes EU Coaching Project, the higher level(s) of the GDE Matrix, the work being done by LearnSafeDriveSafe instructors in S.Yorks or about a2om's BTEC in Driving Science).

Then you can ask the basics of what training car is used, how old, how long lessons are (a FULL hour, a FULL 90 minutes?) and only then ask for the price per lesson.

Edited by DT Ralge

Thanks DT, That certaily helps. He does have a green badge. But he did not mention how long the lessons were. He said 60 pounds for 5 lessons. Would you by any chance know how long a regular driving lesson runs? And he expects me to pay upfront. IS that ok? or is it per driving lesson?

cheers

Apparently if you imagine your driving instructor nekkid, it gives you confidence when you take the test :)

Thanks DT, That certaily helps. He does have a green badge. But he did not mention how long the lessons were. He said 60 pounds for 5 lessons. Would you by any chance know how long a regular driving lesson runs? And he expects me to pay upfront. IS that ok? or is it per driving lesson?

cheers

It is cheap (barely covers running costs of the car once you've taken the national minimum wage rate out of it!) so a lesson has to be an hour for him. Ask him!

Paying up front for such a heavily discounted (if not desperate) block booking is quite normal, I guess.

Hour lessons have for long been seen as the standard but with a recap at the beginning and a review at the end how much driving will get done? 90-minute or 2-hour lessons are preferred by many as being much more productive in terms of driving time and range of territory and driving conditions that can be covered.

hey people,

on this foum most of the driving schools in the yellow pages have been branded about,

im looking for someone local, S5area...

what are the best deals in regards to block bookings and such....

pm me some information, as i know some driving instructors post on here.

cheers

Pete

Our Beginners Course is £75 for the first 5 hours, usually taken as two 1.5 hour lessons followed by a final 2 hour one.*

After that, its £21 per hour for Forum members (normally £22), or you can pay for a block of 10 hours at £199 (normally £205).

Deleted see reasons

Edited by piskeymax
Help needed urgently which is why I made a separate post but admin saw fit to put it in wrong place . Will try elsewhere !

Hi i live near halifax road and i am looking for a driving instructer dose anyone know a good one thanks xxx

Also i am a student as i know some do discount ;)

thanks xx

Our Beginners Course is £75 for the first 5 hours, usually taken as two 1.5 hour lessons followed by a final 2 hour one.

After that, its £21 per hour for Forum members (normally £22), or you can pay for a block of 10 hours at £199 (normally £205).

My colleague Gavin covers your area and is a very good and well-recommended instructor

Go with Horizon.

Im using them now, alan is a really good instructer and has done loads for my lack of confidence.

Hello!

I've just passed my theory test and scored pretty well 50/50 69/75 :hihi:

Can anyone recommend a good instructor in Sheffield. Being looking at Horizon School Of Motoring.. any good? I want an honest instructor that will teach me well and progress effectively!

I've looked at AA & BSM and they dont look good. :loopy: