Driving instructor - Megathread

Hi, I can recommend Allan at Horizon. I went through the exact same thing as you and spent months trying to work out what to do and am just so glad I went with Horizon, he offered me a discount and he is totally brilliant. I have been L'ing for a month now and know I made the right decision. I know I am going to pass with Allan. So patient but firm but in a way that dosent' make you feel crap if you don't get it right.

Without sounding like a saddo, I really look forward to my lessons and don't dread them or anything. It is up to you but can only tell you as someone who was in the same place a month ago.

i can recommend the search facility on this fantastic forum

Hi

If you'd like to visit our site further information

Look forward to hearing from you.

Maneem

Tel: 078 173 08 999

Edited by newstar

I just passed my driving test and would like to thoroughly recommend my driving instructor Paul Bennett.

I had been learning with my Mum and had failed two tests before I had lessons with Paul. I had just 3 lessons with him and he corrected everything I was doing wrong and I passed with just 3 minors. :D

He is very friendly and patient and I really enjoyed my lessons with him. He managed to point out and correct all the things I was doing wrong without making me feel stupid and he has given me so much more confidence in my driving.

I'm certain that whether you are a complete beginner or if you just need a few lessons to get you up to scratch for your test, Paul will be able to help you. :)

bsm worked great for me, pass first time, instructor was great.

and cheaper than alot of private instructors.

my instructor even lent me some books and dvds to practise my theory with.

i thought they were great.

previously used other private instructors and found several to be rude and not helpful, often i was pushed into doing things i didnt feel ready for

Hi

Im just wondering if anyone could sugguest a really good driving instructor, im not from sheffield and im really struggling because no one i know has learnt to drive in sheffield. I have done around 33 hrs already and have had two different instructors.

My latest instructor has alot of good reviews from pupils but i find him quite mean, non supportive, puts me down alot and is trying to get as much money out of me as possible. I have my own car and am almost ready to take my test as all my friends and family tell me/ But when i mention a test to my instructor he makes fun of me and puts me down (even laughs) and tells me he doesnt want to book one yet. He doesnt let me progress and i have not even been anywhere near any test centres which i feel i should be getting used to driving around those areas.

Please let me know if you have had a great instructor!!

Thankyou

Edited by mughead

Hi

Im just wondering if anyone could sugguest a really good driving instructor, im not from sheffield and im really struggling because no one i know has learnt to drive in sheffield. I have done around 33 hrs already and have had two different instructors.

My latest instructor has alot of good reviews from pupils but i find him quite mean, non supportive, puts me down alot and is trying to get as much money out of me as possible. I have my own car and am almost ready to take my test as all my friends and family tell me/ But when i mention a test to my instructor he makes fun of me and puts me down (even laughs) and tells me he doesnt want to book one yet. He doesnt let me progress and i have not even been anywhere near any test centres which i feel i should be getting used to driving around those areas.

Please let me know if you have had a great instructor!!

Thankyou

Have a look in here, hope it helps.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210340&highlight=driving+lessons

Hi :)

You should try my dad - Ellis School of motoring, he's definatley not mean :D

He wud put you in for your test as soon as your ready not milk you for what ever he can get like some do.

Covers all of Sheffield, Very relaible and easy to get on with.

01142465443 or 07786877105

Try Saxon on the forum - he comes well recommended and I did my pass plus course with him.