Driving instructor - Megathread

I can drive pretty well already, just a bit rusty and only need a few lessons to prepare for a practical test, can anyone recommend an instructor who would be good for me please?

Cheers

glenn at best drive is amazing!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go with Paul Bennett`s school of motoring, he's a top bloke and a good price!

0114 2348374

A friend has recently moved and her previous instructor has refused to continue lessons in that area, so the lessons have ceased.

So, she needs to continue, ASAP and needs recommendations for good instructors in the area and preferably with current vacancies.

I have been using horizon and i think they cover most areas. I have had Allan as my instructor and i cannot recommend him enough he also gives a 10% discount to forum users so worth a mention http://www.horizonschoolofmotoring.co.uk/.

Thanks, will pass that on and the URL for the megathread too :)

Thanks Zebra (it was for me she asked) Horizon can't fit me in. I can only do evenings and weekends as I work full time and they are all booked up :(

I've only ever learnt with BSM but it's £22 an hour (More if you don't have a student discount). And the instructor I had was great so I'll miss him, but it just seems a lot to pay compared to all my friends.

So if anyone could recommend any other sheffield drving schools I'd appreciate it. Preferably with instructors that are... pro-active? As in they don't want to keep you with them as a regular source of income, they want to teach you how to drive and just get on with it. :)

Zig Zag School Of Motoring. His name is Bob and his number is 07932 088485. Give him a call, he is cheaper than BSM, and is a really good driving instructor. Give him a call or PM me if you want any more information. (He is my step dad) :D

Zig Zag School Of Motoring. His name is Bob and his number is 07932 088485. Give him a call, he is cheaper than BSM, and is a really good driving instructor. Give him a call or PM me if you want any more information. (He is my step dad) :D
will they do a discount for being sf members:hihi: Edited by mh01

have you tried a company called JDM i think they are based in oughtabridge (have i spelled that right lol) they are/were quite cheap when i used them the other year and their instructors are really good i personally used ken and he was brilliant

Thanks Zebra (it was for me she asked) Horizon can't fit me in. I can only do evenings and weekends as I work full time and they are all booked up :(

We're extremly busy I'm afraid so sorry we couldn't help, anniec.

We do have some spaces in S7, S8, S12, S13, S14, S19, S20, and S26 though with our lady instructor, Sandra.

Current offer is £160 for 10 hours (only available to absolute beginners) following which it would normally be £21 per hour, but as Forum members,we'll do it for £20. Pay for more blocks of 10 hours in advance and we'll do it for £190 instead of £200.

We come well recommended and have taught many Forum members. We also have a higher than average pass rate, hence the vacancies. There aren't many other jobs where being good means you lose customers!

PM for more information or have a look at the website listed below (mention the Forum if you do to get the discount).

I was wondering if anybody can recommend a driving instructor?

Ive been advised that the best way to select an instructor is from personal recommendation and as I am still fairly new to Sheffield am wondering if anybody on here could help.

Ive seen various schools offering deals as in 5 lessons for £50 etc which are tempting but think i'd rather go with a good personal experience

Any recommendations then folks, and im in S6 if it makes any difference?

Thanks in advance :)