Driving instructor - Megathread

Yeah great company! My mum took lessons with them and passed first time!

Excellent tuition from Alan of JDM. I passed first time with him about 5 years ago. Excellent instructor and proved results! At the time they were fairly well priced. Not sure about now but I imagine they would be.

You can be collected and dropped off in different locations.. so get them to pick you up from work and take you home!!!

http://www.jdmdrivingschool.co.uk

Another positive vote from me - I learnt with Alan too.

Hi there

I've had lessons from JDM. Alan is fab, cos hes a got a good sense of humour, whilst being thorough and professional. Will suit either the nervous new driver, or anyone who wants to be the best driver ever! Hes quite patient too, which is a good job when you are like me and go more eccentric than ever when behind a wheel! Think the price is about average, you could get cheaper but they probably wouldn't do the job as good.

:)

Hi There

I had lessons with JDM and past first time with them in April last year with only 2 minors!!! I had Alan as my insturctor, He's great! Good personality makes you feel at ease and you could always guarantee a laugh with him. I can say my time was never from what i can remember timed always had the odd extra 5 or 10 mins free!!

They do block booking rates and at christmas they do tokens for family to buy.

He will only put you forward for your test when he feels your ready but will not drag it out like some companys do!!!

Hope that helps a bit, Go with JDM they are brilliant!!

Good luck on your driving lessons.

Emma

i have recently passed (FIRST time!!!) with JDM, with special thanks to alan marsden. JDM were brilliant, always on time and an enjoyable and friendly place to learn. stress free lessons at your own pace to suit you! The quality of teaching is to a very high standard and its made learning to drive fun!

I know several (5 personally) people that passed first time with JDM.. and have always given a positive review to learning with them.

i hope you choose to learn with JDM they are fantastic - you wont regret it!

Hi... I heard there was a thread about my company on the forum.. but I'm overwhelmed with the response and the kind words... thanks everyone.. alan marsden, proprietor, JDM.. I was going to try and say stuff but you say it better than me

I can't praise Alan and JDM high enough. I failed my test 4 times before moving across to JDM. He was patient with me and helped my confidence and turned my driving experience from a chore to a pleasure. I woudl recommend him to anyone.

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in the s12/basegreen, Birley area, i want to do about 3 lessons a week :)

give Bob at zig zag school of motering a call 07932 088 485 he is currently teaching my son and is based near you.

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in the s12/basegreen, Birley area, i want to do about 3 lessons a week :)

Hi - I can 100% recommend Dave at AM SOM I passed with him and he lives just off white lane so would be absolutely perfect for you.

If I remember rightly he charges £18 per hour (£17 for students) and if you book and pay for 10 lessons up front you get the 11th lesson for free.

Try 264 2472 and see his website http://www.am-som.co.uk

Good Luck

ManzManz

Edited by manzmanz