Driving instructor - Megathread

My daughter is having lessons with Stuart of Roadsafe on 266 8063 or mobile 07970 178534. She is very happy with him. I think he is based at Crookes.

If you're considering an automatic car because of mobility difficulties then there's a driving school that has lots of kit to adapt vehicles for all sorts of disability- just Google for 'Mobility Driving School' in Sheffield.

Thanks medusa, but it's more to do with never really enjoying driving a manual car and failing my test 4 times!!!

I just think an automatic will be easier to drive allowing me to enjoy driving more.

I've recently moved to S8, just near Meersbrook Park, and am looking for a driving instructor.

Does anyone have experience of driving instructors they recommend or would advise me to steer clear of?

A company I would recommend is JDM Sheffield, and in particular Ian Priest. You can find out more about from the company from the link above or you can call Ian direct on 07973 417849. Good luck!

Agree with last post try JDM. My wife used Richard Grindrod Motor School. I think he is chair of the Sheffield Association of Driving Schools. He is also very good. I think he is based on Abbeydale Rd near Tesco. Not that far away either. Sorry no longer have his number.

Quite the opposite for me. I went with JDM when I learnt and my instructor was often late and was generally badly organised.

After a bad experience with Alan's School of Motoring i learnt and passed first time with Steve at JDM. He was always punctual and very patient.

I passed first time with JDM , highly recomend them