Driving instructor - Megathread

Originally posted by sezemeseeds

Can anyone recommend a good woman driving instructor who would give a nervous learner a bit of confidence behind the wheel.

This has got to be a wind up.

Talk about contradictions in terms.

Sezemeseeds - Whereabouts in Sheffield are you situated. My wife is a patient instructor and has experience with nervous pupils (male and female). PM me either with a contact number or I'll mail you my wifes number and you can have a chat with her.

Nice to see there's no sign of any sexism on this site then chaps:heyhey:

Originally posted by Lancs_Lad

Nice to see there's no sign of any sexism on this site then chaps:heyhey:

Oh come on. We can all have a laught can't we, even if we don't mean it!

The last time I had a good one was when my wife passed her bike test on the forth atempt. And before that it was when she passed her car test, ....on her fourth atempt. Hmmm.....:D

Originally posted by GabbleRatcht

Oh come on. We can all have a laught can't we, even if we don't mean it!

The last time I had a good one was when my wife passed her bike test on the forth atempt. And before that it was when she passed her car test, ....on her fourth atempt. Hmmm.....:D

3 t's in attempt mate :D

Yeah I know, but its getting late on a Saturday nite.

I tell you something, just used the Goggle bar spell chequer and it worx:D

Try Signals School of Motoring, based sheffield 5 area but will travel. tel 0114 2966728/07890 711630, especially for nervous drivers, very patient and friendly.:)

Howdy.

Theres probs a thread like this, im not sure, if so direct me in the right place.

Can you please tell me of your experiences with certain companies which provide driving lessons.. Basically cheapest what there like etc..

Theres quite a few, as in martin woodward, aa, Bill Plant(but was once told there have instracutors that aren't qualified??)

Any info/help?

Cheers..

Theres a million and one threads on this...

I went with a firm called "Carolines" but they were rubbish, never turned up, always ill etc... So I cancelled and moved on...

Then I went with Martin Woodward's, about £18 a lesson (but that was YEARS ago, in 2003/04) and passed first time. Ask for Jim. He's good. :thumbsup:

i am using the AA at the moment, and they're great, slightly more pricey than the smaller independent schools, but so far it's all good :)

Howdy.

Theres quite a few, as in martin woodward, aa, Bill Plant(but was once told there have instracutors that aren't qualified??)

There are 3 stages to becoming a driving instructor. When you reach stage 3, which is how you teach a pupil, you are allowed to get a trainee licence and teach pupils for real which helps in helping you to pass your ADI test.

The people that they are driving for would NOT let them out in a car to teach a pupil if they did not think that they were competent in doing so.

Don't use a group like the AA or BSM they're such a rip off! Go with a decent independant instructor. Get one that someone you know has gone with and passed with.