Driving instructor - Megathread

Without sounding rude, I am interested in the skills the instuctors have

Then ask the instructor what his/her 'check test' grading is. Highest is a 6 but only about 5% of instructors hold this grade.

Don't go with BSM, they are terrible, I have been looking at Drive Plus...I will let you know how I get on....

Can you recommend me a really good driving instructor in sheffield?

Preferably one that drives a Ford KA.

Not trying to steal your thread, but can I just add this question to the one you posted too...

Crash courses - If you book an intense crash course, do you still have to wait for a test date which takes a while, or do they somehow have the ability to get you a test straight after the course?

If not, then what's the point...

have a look on the mega thread

There is no point, and if you can find an instructor with that much time available on his diary, there's a very good reason for it!!!! Any instructor with a Genuine interest in road safety will not do Intensive courses (and I know that this will get some adverse comment, but don't blame me, ask the DSA for the results of their research!!!

There is no point, and if you can find an instructor with that much time available on his diary, there's a very good reason for it!!!! Any instructor with a Genuine interest in road safety will not do Intensive courses (and I know that this will get some adverse comment, but don't blame me, ask the DSA for the results of their research!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself dafydd. Anyway we all know that the best instructors in Sheffield drive Renault Meganes ;)

Richard Taylor 07717750342 he has a toyota yaris and has a good success rate.

So you have your intensive course, and then have to wait 2-3 months or whatever the waiting time is anyway?

So you have your intensive course, and then have to wait 2-3 months or whatever the waiting time is anyway?

Yup, got it in one!

The driving school I work for offer Intensive courses, but the vast majority of our work is people who only have one, maybe two lessons per week. If anyone rings up wanting an Intensive Course, we ALWAYS advise them of the process in respect of theory tests, waiting times etc and that it can be several weeks before they could actually sit a practical test so, why not start now and do it at a more normal pace?

I always tell my pupils what they need to know so they can make an informed decision knowing the pro's and con's, but ultimately, I won't take someone on a fully Intensive course for reasons that others have mentioned above. I don't think proper learning takes place, and when you are teaching people how to survive on the road, its got to be done effectively and thoroughly. It can't be taught "Parrot fashion".