Driving instructor - Megathread

Hi,

I'm just about to embark on driving lessons but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the choice of instructors. Can anyone please recommend a good instructor with reasonable prices (about £20 per hour)? I work on Ecclesall Rd but live in Hillsborough so it needs to be someone who covers S11 & S6.

Any advice would be much appreciated :roll:

Dont know whether they cover ur area, but I learnt with a bloke called Wes at Alan Drabble school of motoring. Passed 1st time! he also taught my brother, who is deaf, and he passed 1st time too! i dont have a number for them any more as it was a few yrs ago, but type Alan Drabble into a search engine and it should find it. cant reccomend Wes enough, he was so patient with me, even when i couldnt get reverse round a corner for the 10th lesson in a row!

Hi, due to numerous passes in the last few weeks I have spaces available I live in the S6 area my prices are £19.00 per hour, first lesson is free I also do discounts on block bookings and 2 hour lessons for more information telephone 0114 2348374 / 07906018156 and ask for paul or visit my website http://www.paulbennett-schoolofmotoring.co.uk

Sorry to tag onto this thread but I'm also looking for a driving instructor, preferably a woman who covers the S12 area. She has to be able to tolerate me constantly saying sorry too, it seems to be my 'thing' when driving!!:loopy:

try local, they have a choice of male and female instructors and will find 1 who covers your area, my instructor works for them and is good and others who've had lessons with them have been pleased.

try using the search facility on this forum

Try wighams they are very good with some good deals on block bookings. My son just passed with one of their instructors (Randy Davone) he was a really good bloke, but i think they have women instructors.

Martin Woodward S O M cover most of Sheffield, established 1973, good, reliable, and won't let you down.

You could try Jean keane Driving School as she is Manor local and very good. She is a personal friend and has been in the bussiness for years. She is also able to do lessons from work if in Sheffield. Her number is in the Yellow Pages and we have recommended her for loads of our friends with no complaints.

Jean Keane Motoring School:hihi:, local to town, can pick you up from work for lessons what more do you need ? In the Yellow Pages too. We have passed her onto a few people with no worries. She is a friend though.