83 to Birley

84 to Buxton

85 to Gainsborough

86 to Stubley

91/98 to Greengate Lane

92 to Manor Park

93 to Stradbroke

97/98 to Nether Edge

I seem to remember around 1989-ish in the Halfway area there were the following SYT services in operation:

770 - Works or school service Halfway area?

M55 - Halfway to Crystal Peaks via Mosborough?

M56 - Killamarsh to Crystal Peaks?

M64 - Killamarsh area early 1990's?

The 'M' routes above were usually Little Nippers but occasionaly you would see single deckers in operation.

Can anyone fill me in with more details on the above routes please?

Sh2006.

None ran in June 1987 but a 740 ran Church St Halfway at 0416 (95 route to) Intake (50 to Windmill Greenway (X55 to ) Sheffield Road Birley Road

---------- Post added 26-07-2013 at 16:49 ----------

Outer Circle June 1987

City - Wadsley Bridge

2 CBS, Paternoster Row, Leopold Street, West St., Glossop Rd., RHS, Newbould Ln., Crookes Rd., Lydgate Ln., Crosspool (certain Journeys via KEVII hospital to Malin Bridge), Coldwell Ln, Ivy Park Rd., Gladstone Rd., Hangingwater, Oakbrook, Rustlings, Ecclesall, Carterknowle, Woodseats and Scarsdale Roads, Derbyshire Ln., Graves Park, Hemsworth Road, Norton Ln., Norton Avenue, Ridgeway Rd., Prince of Wales Rd., Greenland Road, Broughton Ln., Attercliffe Common, Weedon St.,Jenkin Rd., Tyler St., Barrow Rd., Merton Ln., Newman Rd., Shiregreen Ln., Hatfield House Ln., Barnsley Rd., Herries Dr., Herries Rd., Leppings Ln., Middlewood Rd.,Holme Ln., Stannington Rd. and Loxley New Rd.

59 CBS, Paternoster Row, Leopold Street, West St., Glossop Rd., RHS, Clarkehouse Rd., Brocco Bank., Ecclesall, Carterknowle, Woodseats and Chesterfield Roads, Bochum Parkway, Norton Lane Norton Avenue, Ridgeway Rd., Prince of Wales Rd., Greenland Road, Broughton Ln., Attercliffe Common, Weedon St.,Jenkin Rd., Tyler St., Barrow Rd., Merton Ln., Newman Rd., Shiregreen Ln., Hatfield House Ln., Barnsley Rd., Herries Dr./,Herries Rd., Leppings Ln., Middlewood Rd.,Holme Ln., Stannington Rd. and Loxley New Rd.

Wadsley Bridge - City

2 The reverse route was nearly identical.

59 The reverse route was nearly identical.

Some started / finished before end points

Inner circle buses were 8 and 9(clockwise)

Edited by Annie Bynnol

This subject gets complicated as routes change for example route 75 is usually reffered to as Sheffield Lane Top - Bradway , but it didn't always go to Bradway it used to terminate at Meadowhead Norton Lane the bus then ended up coming out onto Hunstone Ave to turn right to go back to city. Bradway was served by 22 (Holmesfield) and 59 which was Sheffield to Bradway Bank (Wollaton Road).

Service 38 which is usually remembered as Norton (Cloonemoor Dv) or Chancett Wood was a city lowedges service.

PLEASE NOTE: The above information isfrom the October 1964 -Apill 1965 sheffeld transport timetable . Intrestingley it doesn't have a cover price

No 10 from Colley Cresent to Bridge street via penistone rd in the mid to late 70s.

One that hasn't been highlighted as far as I can see.

The 95 to South Road actually turned left up Greenhow St. and right onto Camm St.

When I tell people they can't believe it. (Take a look now with all the parked cars and you can see what I mean!!)

Sorry but I can't tell you when this stopped.

There was 501. The old bendy bus, which carried onto meadowhall.

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 21:09 ----------

There where also some other busses, X72 Sheffield Manchester. X2 X3 X4.0Sheffield to Nottingham services. X32 X33 Leeds Bradford.

In reply to post 40 I think the cover price appeared for the first time in October 66 and was 9d.

Edited by Gordonb

naah, just got a sort of alzheimers. (brain fog)

I can remember what i did forty-odd years ago, and our post codes for the properties where I have lived over 43 years, and what bus you caught to which districst when I was a kid... but ask me what I had for breakfast:- phfft! no chance! my short-term memory is shot!

Its not that your memory is shot, but that your brain is full, the recent stuff sits on top of all the useless information from our earlier years then falls off when we move.

To be honest, I wish I didn't know this pointless stuff as it will never come in handy for much really.

65 and 68 were Sheffield to Oughtibridge. 65 went via Upperthorpe, both from Campo Lane. Number 7 was Sheffield to Stannington, numerous 80's went to Middlewood terminus. 13 was Sheffield to Wisewood, 57 and 58 Sheffield to Stocksbridge.....