Old bus routes of Sheffield- information needed

I believe the 2/3 (depending direction) in 1950s-early 60s was from Town>Langsett Rd>Malin Bridge> Rivelin Post Office>Crosspool and from there I don't know.

17 hours ago, carosio said:

I believe the 2/3 (depending direction) in 1950s-early 60s was from Town>Langsett Rd>Malin Bridge> Rivelin Post Office>Crosspool and from there I don't know.

I used to catch the number 2 from Malin Bridge through Rivelin and got off at Coldwell Lane, near Crosspool.  I think the number 2 took us to Norton  to see Joe Cocker at the local dance on a Saturday night.

This list of fares from the 1954 bus timetable gives the route of the Nos. 2 & 3 Outer Circle. The complete circle continued until 1970 when the section between Malin Bridge and Coldwell Lane was missed out.

Outer-Circle-fares.jpg

On 27/01/2020 at 19:45, DavidFrance said:

101 - Pond St to Gleadless via Hurlfield Rd

102    Pond st to Gleadless via Gleadless Common

105 - Pond St to Arbourthorne.

61      Southey- City- Nether Edge via Washington Road

The 100's were AEC Bridgemasters if I remember correctly?

3 hours ago, hillsbro said:

This list of fares from the 1954 bus timetable gives the route of the Nos. 2 & 3 Outer Circle. The complete circle continued until 1970 when the section between Malin Bridge and Coldwell Lane was missed out.

Outer-Circle-fares.jpg

Hillsbro, I wonder if you have a similar list for the number 9 circular please, during the 1950's? See my recent post.

Thanks, T.

Edited by Thorpy

1 hour ago, sedith said:

The 100's were AEC Bridgemasters if I remember correctly?

There were only a handful (five or six at most) in STD's fleet (numbered something like 521-525?)

More likely to have been AEC Regent Vs operating svcs. 101 onwards.

2 hours ago, Thorpy said:

Hillsbro, I wonder if you have a similar list for the number 9 circular please, during the 1950's? See my recent post.

Thanks, T.

Hi Thorpy - here is the list that you wanted. 🙂

Inner-Circle-fares.jpg

20 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

There were only a handful (five or six at most) in STD's fleet (numbered something like 521-525?)

More likely to have been AEC Regent Vs operating svcs. 101 onwards.

STD were loyal to AEC and Leyland, a brief period running Bristol buses mainly departing from Bridge Street on the 57 Stocksbridge route. 

20 hours ago, hillsbro said:

Inner-Circle-fares.jpg

Hi Hillsboro,

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted. Once again you've come up with the goods, as I guessed you would!

Best Wishes, T.

On 08/12/2020 at 08:30, hillsbro said:

Outer-Circle-fares.jpg

21 hours ago, hillsbro said:

Inner-Circle-fares.jpg

23 hours ago, Thorpy said:

Thanks, T.

To get to Penistone Road from Moonshine Lane (2 or3) the buses would go down- Herries Road towards Wednesday's ground, was there a regular stop on that stretch?

Edited by St Petre

On 20/08/2015 at 07:48, FoBLL said:

85 To Gainsborough ran until 1986 and was every 2 hours daily from Sheffield to Gainsborough

The No: 20 that you can't remember was probably the No: 20 that was introduced in 1968 and ran to Southey Green to complement the No:97 but ran through part of Pitsmoor ie: Ellesmere Road-Scott Road. I can't recall where the other end of the route was.

4 hours ago, St Petre said:

To get to Penistone Road from Moonshine Lane (2 or3) the buses would go down- Herries Road towards Wednesday's ground, was there a regular stop on that stretch?

As I recall the No2 stops after Moonshine Lane were Crumpsall Road (Request) , Galsworthy Road (close to the No 63 Terminus), Wordsworth Avenue (Request?), 5 Arches ( for  football specials) , then Bus Garage

4 hours ago, St Petre said:

The No: 20 that you can't remember was probably the No: 20 that was introduced in 1968 and ran to Southey Green to complement the No:97 but ran through part of Pitsmoor ie: Ellesmere Road-Scott Road. I can't recall where the other end of the route was.

Hemsworth - John O'Gaunt PH  via The Moor - Heeley - Derbyshire Lane- Norton Lees Road = Warminster Road- Hemsworth Road and Blackstock Road.