Old bus routes of Sheffield- information needed

21 went from pond street to Intake then Handsworth, Orgreave, Treeton, Aughton, Swalownest and then turned around at Aston. Buses were double deck, but lower roof line to get under low bridge between Treeton and Orgreave

15 went from Pond Street to Manor Top, Intake, Handsworth, Woodhuse Mill, Swallownest, Aston, Todwick, Anston, Dinnington

85 went from Pond Street to Attecliffe, Darnall, Handsworth, Woodhouse Mill, Swallownest, Aston, Todwick, Aston, Worksop then to Gainsborough

6 went from Pond Street, Attercliffe, Darnall, Handsworth, Woodhouse Mill, Swallownest, Aston, Todwick, Aston, Dinnington

19 went from Pond Street, Manor Top, Intake, Normanton Springs, Woodhouse, Woodhouse Mill, Swallownest, Wales, Kiveton, Todwick, Dinnington

Think most are correct but not sure about the 6 whether that also went through Kiveton

Used all these in late 40's, and to mid 50's - old enough to drive in 1956 (motorbike) and 1957 (car) when travelling to and from Sheffield, or Woodhouse (WGS school) , Handsworth to play around with v cousins etc

Don't remember any tram routes because they only ran to Handsworth

Did 23 run from Woodhouse (terminus opposite Station Hotel) via Wodhouse, Woodhouse Mill, Normanton Springs, Intake, Manor Top and into Sheffield

Many years ago now and never been on a bus since July 1956

Best Wishes from Malaysia, year round summer, no seasons - Monday 8-08am, 84 degrees and climbing - will be over 100 by mid day, fairly average - a cold day is around 96/97 degrees

Victor ex Swallownest to 1967, ex Driffield to 2006, Subang Jaya (9 miles south of Kuala Lumpur) since end of 2006

101 - Pond St to Gleadless via Hurlfield Rd

102    Pond st to Gleadless via Gleadless Common

105 - Pond St to Arbourthorne.

61      Southey- City- Nether Edge via Washington Road

What was the bus route that came down Glossop Road via Division Street and the terminus was in Barkers Pool, turned around the Goodwin fountain and went back again (to where) ?

Yes, in 1951 that route shown in hillsbro's  post started in Leopold Street  (Church Street end)  took left turn into West Street. On its return trip via Division Street,  to avoid a reversing manoevre, completed the 'loop' by taking a left turn from Barkers Pool (at  Wilson Peck ) into Leopold Street back to its terminus. This was prior to the construction of the Fountain which came some years later. Routing must have changed as the 60 later ran to the Midland Station but I don't know when that occurred.

92 Manor Park

71 Elm Tree

32 Woodthorpe

93 ?

1 hour ago, Voldy said:

Yes, in 1951 that route shown in hillsbro's  post started in Leopold Street  (Church Street end)  took left turn into West Street. On its return trip via Division Street,  to avoid a reversing manoevre, completed the 'loop' by taking a left turn from Barkers Pool (at  Wilson Peck ) into Leopold Street back to its terminus. This was prior to the construction of the Fountain which came some years later. Routing must have changed as the 60 later ran to the Midland Station but I don't know when that occurred.

In the 1960s there was a bus that ran down Charles Street perhaps en-route to the Midland station. Would that have been the No:60 re routed? If so, how did it get to Charles Street from Glossop Road?

firth 

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

92 Manor Park

71 Elm Tree

32 Woodthorpe

93 ?

Firth Park- City-Woodhouse.

9 hours ago, Padders said:

firth 

Firth Park- City-Woodhouse.

I just can’t recall, I’m talking about the sixties and seventies.

93 was Central Bus Station to Woodhouse in the 1970s and most of the 1980s. Prior to that it ran to Stradbroke.

I think it was extended through the city to Firth Park as a replacement for route 4 in the late 1980s - perhaps when Meadowhall opened.

An old friend and I were talking the other day about old bus routes, and ended up totally puzzled. I went to Nether Edge Grammar School 1953 to 1958. I used to travel to school on the Nether Edge bus along Washington Road. Coming home I caught the Circular at the end of Union Road, getting off on Queens Road at the junction of Bramall Lane/Havelock Bridge. I think it was number9. My friend used to catch it from Queens Road up to Union Road to go to School.

Where it came from before Union Road and went to after Queens Road is a mystery to us.

My question is, do any of you knowledgeable people out there know the routes of those circular buses, going both directions?

Along shot I know, but I hope someone can help.