A massive Thank you to South Yorkshire Police

glad to hear that you also had a positive outcome when you needed to call them, too.

Oooh im delighted that your ok! bleedin chavs eh?! Next time just bang on the window, there like cats, the'll run a mile.

Oooh im delighted that your ok! bleedin chavs eh?! Next time just bang on the window, there like cats, the'll run a mile.

Sure, yeah, I'd do that, in a New-York Minute, considering it's completely contrary to police safety advice about not confronting intruders! (and the fact that it was 3.30 am, and I'm on my jack-jones!)

Very clever advice.

The local police have had a lot of bad press lately, what with one thing and another. They have come in for a lot of criticism.

However, I want to say a huge thank you to them, over an incident that happened last night.

About 3.30 am I was disturbed by someone prowling, on my garden.

There is no access through my garden, and no earthly reason why anyone should be on my property.

I was extremely frightened, terrifed, in fact, that someone should be prowling.

I phoned the police. The woman on the other end of the phone line was wonderful, and would not let me put the phone down until she was certain the police officers had arrived, which they did, in a matter of minutes.

they checked all round the property, but whoever had been there had gone.

they were wonderful, and reassuring, (I did feel like I'd had them out on a bit of a a wild goose chase, as they had found no-one) they told me that there was not a problem about me calling them, and that if anything futher happened, I should not hesitate to call them back.

I was so grateful to them. They arrived so quickly, it was very reassuring.

GLAD YOU HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE THAN ME i got attacked by a pit bull dog i was ok just a bit scratched it went for my dog so i bent down to pick it up and it bit me i was lucky to be honest that it wernt worse :huh:anyway i had to involve, them cus i was so angry and it took them 3 days to actualy come and see me i mean 3 days by then the bruises was fading and it looked not so bad by then so nothing really came of it other than the person had to promise to put up a decent fence WHICH STILL HASENT HAPPENED whats the point :mad:

Sure, yeah, I'd do that, in a New-York Minute, considering it's completely contrary to police safety advice about not confronting intruders! (and the fact that it was 3.30 am, and I'm on my jack-jones!)

Very clever advice.

Thank you my dear. Because id honestly be in peicers if anything happerned to such a diamond.

GLAD YOU HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE THAN ME i got attacked by a pit bull dog i was ok just a bit scratched it went for my dog so i bent down to pick it up and it bit me i was lucky to be honest that it wernt worse :huh:anyway i had to involve, them cus i was so angry and it took them 3 days to actualy come and see me i mean 3 days by then the bruises was fading and it looked not so bad by then so nothing really came of it other than the person had to promise to put up a decent fence WHICH STILL HASENT HAPPENED whats the point :mad:

You're on the wrong thread. This, for a pleasant change, is a thread praising the police for a job well done. Lets stick to topic.