Ultimate singles thread - Part III

I'm 24 years old, I work full time as a graphic designer and live with 2 friends in Woodseats. I'm about 5"10, good build and do a lot of walking, watching movies and playing music :P

Looking for someone for friendship, maybe more, but really to restore my faith that there are decent people out there.

I feel a bit like you right now, i just found out the girl who's sleeping with me isn't really even interested she just likes the sex, am i being a complete woman to not be cool with that or is that normal?, why is everyone so slutty these days?

Also, yes i am drunk.

I preferred my thread on recommend someone else (although with all the posts for Sophie this thread now seems to have turned into that!)

Me? Still 36. Still passionate about music - go to a couple of gigs a week. Still work hard for a living but don't want to be married to my job. I also love cinema equally. I like strawberry laces, creme brulee and a damn fine fajita washed down with red wine and a jack Daniels chaser. I like to go out as much as i stay in. Someone who stays in all the time would bore me rigid, I do go out a fair amount. I also like someone who has their own interests that I don't quite understand and they don't need me to. I don't need to drink to have a good time so often go out and don't drink. I'm shy but you would probably never guess that.

i'm looking for: a man who is passionate about what they like. According to Sheffnewb you can spot a man i'll fancy from 100 yards; we played this game last night and he knew straight away, I'm that predictable.

Bascially a skinny indie looking with good nostrils and a flat bum usually a good 5-10 (or more) years younger than me. I've only really ever liked one older man. If you are a bit quirky looking (Richard Ashcroft/Ian Brown/Alex Turner/Paul Weller big nose type) I'd probably like you. I like someone who is funny but doesn't overly try to be so, someone talkactive and opinionated but not so they don't allow you yours and are overloud. Oh and damn good in bed too! :hihi:

Gees how depressing! :( Nothing has changed except I'm now 37! The above post also made it sound like i like overloud people - I don't. I like quiet people who have interesting things to say.

I feel a bit like you right now, i just found out the girl who's sleeping with me isn't really even interested she just likes the sex, am i being a complete woman to not be cool with that or is that normal?, why is everyone so slutty these days?

Also, yes i am drunk.

lol - well keep advertising that and some woman might come along who wants to talk to you afterwards as well! :hihi:It's as good an advert as any!

I've stopped looking.....:rolleyes:

Aw don't do that Missy, you are too much fun for that.

I've stopped actively looking in the last two years and it doesn't work, i've come to that conclusion. I gave up random pulling, dating sites, internet friendships leading to more and thought that i might meet someone who also likes me through my interests. I was wrong. It hasn't worked.:(

My intentions this Christmas are to go out and get thoroughly drunk, pull someone totally inappropriate and they might just end up being wonderful. You should join me lass. ;)

Some wise "slightly edited" words from Belle De Jour.

"M was a tall girl and heavy, dressed in flat london black with flat london hair and was telling me she despised the concept of the one night stand.

This i realised was the flip side to fifteen year old tramps at bus shelters and twenty somethings with their booty calls. The thirty something single city woman who has convinced herself that only true love is worth waiting for.

I don't understand. M and thousands of women like her deciding that, not only do they prefer time alone to a bad relationship - fine decision yes - but that if there's no relationship at all, there's no sex. So the teenagers are doing it mindlessless, surely unable to glean much benefit from the act apart from having something to do between CBeebies and the X factor whilst the very women who are not only cresting their sexual peaks but also have the discretional income and storage space for a host of boytoys and their accessories choose instead to spend their time in the company of BBC3 and Ann Summers.

I mean what gives? Sex does not equal relationship. If the man is sexy,but not the one, noone said you had to give him your keys (or come to think of it your number) I was stunned that a woman would so happily suppress her needs. I'd love to dine at a Michelin 3 star establishment every night sure but in the meantime I still have to eat. And if the restaurant isn't so hot, honey, I don't go back. Simple as."

Oh dear I'm not sure about this. Too many bad experiences, but have drunk a lot of wine this lunchtime, so here goes.

24. I'm told that I am rather attractive. Currently living in Canada, but back in the UK on 15th. Notoriously bad at picking guys and incredibly nervous of them at the moment.

Probably won't reply to any PMs.

lol - well keep advertising that and some woman might come along who wants to talk to you afterwards as well! :hihi:It's as good an advert as any!

She's just texted me wanting to come over later!, says she does really like me. But her freinds say to not trust her, what do i do?:help:

Sex :- Male

Personality Traits :- Affectionate, kind, caring, loving, considerate, faithful down to earth, honest, genuine, romantic.

Looks :- 6ft3 short brown hair, Green eyes, Average Build.

Seeking :- A genuine,caring woman that i can enjoy my life with and also a woman that would treat me with the love & respect that i would show her.

It will take a special woman to understand! the circumstances that i have been through and hopefully it wont be to long before i find the right one for me.

I am currently working as a volunteer football coach i will be taking my coaching badge in Doncaster in mid January when i will become a Qualified coach.:)

I am working in Killamarsh & Mastin moor on a Project called Game on which is funded by the Coalfields regeneration trust! i work with kids from 12 to 16 at Killamarsh & 5 to 10 at Mastin Moor.

I would Describe myself as a Loving Caring Person & friendly person+ i am an outgoing Character who will get on with anyone no matter what background they come from I am a genuine down to earth guy who is always there for his true friends no matter what.

I am always up for a Laugh i love going out Clubbing I am always on the Dancefloor when i go out i like to enjoy myself and have a good time fancy dress partys etc it's all good fun.

I like all sorts of outdoor activities aswell i like going walking and cycling particularly in the Peak District i also like to go the cinemas, ten pin bowling, play pool/snooker, go out for meals days out etc i also love football im a Season ticket holder at Sheffield United.

I have got a love to give so if there are any special woman out there please get in contact.:)

if you would like to know any more feel free to PM me or add me on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=600856597&ref=profile

She's just texted me wanting to come over later!, says she does really like me. But her freinds say to not trust her, what do i do?:help:

Don't trust her, but don't kick her out of bed either :thumbsup:

Don't trust her, but don't kick her out of bed either :thumbsup:

Nah, i told her to bugger off, except in a nicer way than that (i just couldn't bring myself to be harsh about it).

Oh dear I'm not sure about this. Too many bad experiences, but have drunk a lot of wine this lunchtime, so here goes.

24. I'm told that I am rather attractive. Currently living in Canada, but back in the UK on 15th. Notoriously bad at picking guys and incredibly nervous of them at the moment.

Probably won't reply to any PMs.

Join the club :(

Don't lose faith in mankind though, there are still loads of us nicey's knocking around.