"U2" best live band ever.

i dont mind a bit of U2 but find them a little tame.

manic street preachers were great when they were trying to be guns n roses on their first album ;) .... not like richey ever played anything anyways, he wrote half the lyrics?!! james dean bradfield deserves lot more credit then what he gets. amazing guitarist/songwriter although needs to turn it up a bit nowadays!!. gone a bit soft :D

my fave live gig was slash's snakepit at the corporation (when it was near boardwalk) place was packed in so much cudunt move, came on...brilliant...i was sweating my arse off coz i still had leather jacket on...mistake!...god specs knocked off and jumped on by 100 hairy rockers and cudunt see.. had to pay 200quid to get them replaced........but BEST GIG EVER!

smaller gigs are always more fun then arenas

p.s velvet revolver (with slash) are :gag: bland

Originally posted by MTheo

p.s velvet revolver (with slash) are :gag: bland

I still wouldn't mind seeing them live... the best bits from GnR, without that whinning idiot at the front. Top band.

Originally posted by MTheo

manic street preachers were great when they were trying to be guns n roses on their first album ;) .... not like richey ever played anything anyways, he wrote half the lyrics?!! james dean bradfield deserves lot more credit then what he gets. amazing guitarist/songwriter although needs to turn it up a bit nowadays!!. gone a bit soft :D

:thumbsup:

Totally agree with you, MTheo, that JDB has never had the credit/kudos he deserves - back in the days when the music press were harping on about the Manics not being able to play, JDB was an excellent guitarist even then, always holding the band together onstage when Nick and Richey were doing their 'prima donna' bit.

But the whole point of the Manics is that they were never about the music. It was almost incidental. It didn't matter that Richey couldn't really play, orwhether or not his guitar was plugged in or whatever on stage. He WAS the Manics, heart and soul. He provided the band's philosophy and ideas and raison d'etre. When he disappeared, they effectively died as a band.

The Manics were MORE than just a band, they represented a way of BEING. They were about your philosophy of life, how you saw the world, etc. There was such incredible camaraderie amongst the fans - many of us knew each other and were in regular contact.

A bit like one band encapsulating the spirit of punk.

There's never been another band like them.

I'm going to shut up now, before I get really soppy! :D

StarSparkle :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

I continue to find U2 so dull i can't put it into words. :)

Chris.

erm..isn't that just what you've done??? :confused:

I had their first 6 albums; Boy, War, October etc and i went to the joshua tree tour at wembley in 1985 when i was dead young! - they seemed really raw then which i liked, a bit anarchistic - became too commercial for me after that

it was the only concert i've ever gone to!

Was good to see/hear 'i will follow' on jonathon ross - brought back some memories

Not really bothered about U2 myself.

Have been to different gigs and liked many of them for different reasons.

But then I listen to a wide range of music.

Never liked the Manics either.

Currently liking Nick Cave and the White Stripes tho, both good live..

are u2 the ones that say 1,2,3 14 in spanish at the beg of their new song?? mmmmm:loopy:

Originally posted by NatalieSheff

are u2 the ones that say 1,2,3 14 in spanish at the beg of their new song?? mmmmm:loopy:

Yup, uno, dos, tres quatorce!

Hello, hello hola!

The song is called Vertigo by the way. It's not as good as some of U2's earlier stuff.

they did a good song with i think westlife or boyzone in video. apart from that, all songs sound same

Originally posted by NatalieSheff

ok just picked four that i like:D

And they are?