Concord Park Swings

When I used to go Hatfield House Lane school (1964to1968) we used to have our cross country run in Concorde park. We had to run down to the golf links and then into Wooley woods, the path out was a very steep one. I hated running always seemed to come last.

Why does it show a smiley face for the 8?

My in-laws lived at Firth Park,and one day we told our children we were going to visit Grandma, but we were going to stop on the way to have a walk in the woods at Wooley Wood Bottom. We parked the car and walked across the Rd into the woods.Our son was around 5 at the time,and we saw that he was creeping through the trees,looking scarily around as he went.We asked what he was doing and he said he was looking out for the Big Bad Wolf! He really thought these were the woods in the story of Little Red Riding Hood! He must have been thinking about it all the way there. No wonder he was so quiet!

I lived on Hatfield House Lane until 1947 when I was 15. Concord Park & Wooley Woods were our second homes. The old men on the bowling greens would show us how to bowl & all about the ball's inbuilt bias. At the Wooley Wood end of the park there used to be a little stream. Concord Park, heaven for little boys.

i was brought up on woolley wood road our garden was next to the woods which was our playground i used let my mates go through our garden if my dad wasn,t there we would make swings and dens go nesting i never took any eggs from any nest i thought it was cruel we would go down to the railway tracks there was some ponds there where looked for frogs and newts when we had enough we would make our way home i would take me mam some some bluebells and put em in a milk bottle. what great days