The family Vintin

Thanks I have the information you made reference to. On closer investigation my fathers father was John William and his father William is the one quoted above, William being my great grandfather.

I am a Vintin originally from Crookes. Allen Vintin and family are relatives of mine. I have 2 brothers, 2 sisters and two step sisters (one now deceased). My father and mother have both passed away and almost all the family still live in or around the sheffield area. I can provide reasonably detailed information about my immediate family if it would help.

The family on my fathers side is a mystery. I had did not have knowledge of grandparents on my father's side

I attended school in crookes and later went to King Edward V11th Grammar school

Were there two families of Vintins in Ecclesall Bierlow in 1901? My great grandfather lived there at that time but is not mentioned in the 1901 census house mentioned above. His name was Walter Ernest Vintin and I believe he was the youngest of about 9 children.

The above 1901 household (for which the address is 22 Porter Street) is on the same page as this one:

1901 Census

piece 4353 folio 29 page 15

Ct4 No. 2 Porter Street

(Ecclesall Bierlow; St Simon’s)

Emily VINTIN Head Widr 49 charwoman Sheffield

Harriet VINTIN Dau Unm 22 stay busk maker Sheffield

Walter VINTIN Son 12 Sheffield

This is a complicated family due to several multiple marriages.

In this household:

Walter is the son of Emily and Walter, Emily being Walter's 3rd wife.

Harriet is possibly daughter of Emily by a previous marriage or someone else in her family (born MOSLEY, I think)

William in the other household is the son of Walter (senior) by his first marriage, to Sarah Ann ROSE (Sarah Ann, bn PENNY, was previously married to William ROSE).

In between Sarah Ann and Emily, Walter senr was married to Catherine ('Kate') KILLALEE.

These are the dates of Walter's three marriages:

1867 Sarah Ann ROSE bn c 1839 died 1868

1873 Catherine KILLALEE ‘Kate’ died 1883

1885 Emily MOSLEY died 1934?

Walter died in 1890.

Hugh