The family Vintin

I'm just about to start trying to piece together my family tree and was wondering how many people share my surname (Vintin obviously) out there and to see if I can piece the family together. Anybody know any Vintin's or got any Vintin stories?

Good luck mate.

Have you tried the obvious places such as genes re-united, and the electoral roll.

Plus you're the only Vintin I know. :D

Hi

I know a John Vintin who is an electrician and lives or lived at Crookes, I believe he had been a postman at one time. Don't know where he is now but i'm sure he would not be hard to find.

Does the name Allen Vintin ,used to live on Shoreham St, Elderly,Aged around 80yrs,ring any bells for you ?

In the 1950s I went to St. Barnabas School on Alderson Rd., which is very close to Shoreham Street, and remember a lad called Vintin. I think his name was Derek, but not 100% on that. He'd be in his early 60's now.

There were only 24 Vintins in Britain in 1901! Of these, 12 were in Sheffield, 11 in Essex and 1 in Kent.

If you go back to 1841, there were only 13! The families were in Sheffield, Cheshire and Sussex.

I went to school with a Steve Vintin in the 1950's. He lived on one of the roads off Cross Lane in Crookes. I think he is registered on Friends Reunited.

I knew a dave vintin from crookes but not sure where he lives these days. Could probably track him down if it's of use

A Alan Vinter was a member of Hillsborough Boys Club in the 60's. He was a member of the Old boys Association, with sir Stanley Royle as patron.He had a son who will be about 60 now

There is a Vintin family live in Woodhouse Mill.

Perhaps the children are grown up now and moved out but I think there were 4 boys.

hazel

Alan Vintin died Friday September 21st 2007, at Farnlea Drive , Bare, Morcombe. age 83.

My family new him well when we lived in Sheffield.