Has anyone sold a property in Heeley recently?

Hi

Has anyone sold a house in Heeley recently?

If so, did it take long?

What estate agent did you use?

How much did it cost to sell it?

Thanks,

Fiona

Maybe it would be better to ask "Has anyone sold a property recently?"

:gag:

You are not allowed to be negative about the property market on here. It upsets people. Please be more sensitive!!!!

I had a feeling someone might say that.

Sorry!

:hihi:

(My own property has been listed 'for sale' since April. Now I'm beyond caring...)

Well just up the road in Woodseats I notice that there are several houses which are not selling. It sounds to me like there is finally a brake on property inflation. Or the vendors are being a little too greedy with the prices they are asking. Although, maybe nobody wants to buy at the moment because they would rather get christmas over first.

Hi

Has anyone sold a house in Heeley recently?

If so, did it take long?

What estate agent did you use?

How much did it cost to sell it?

Thanks,

Fiona

I heard that the new houses by strata on Midhill road in Heeley have sold - one went for 129 000. They're not even finished building them yet and there's only one left as far as I can tell.

Blundells sell a lot in Heeley - take a drive round the area, see who have all the boards up - theres loads of estate agents threads on here - think the general feeling is they are all as bad as each other!

It'll cost you usually 1.5% off the sale in estate agents fees - if the house is over 3 beds you may also have HIP costs...this i dont know much about

You could test the water and try marketing the place yourself - sites like http://www.houseladder.co.uk seem quite common these days

and some areas of Heeley are stamp duty exempt upto 150k - id find out if its your area could be a good incentive for buyers if your selling between 125-150

Sorry!

:hihi:

(My own property has been listed 'for sale' since April. Now I'm beyond caring...)

Without being rude maybe it is overpriced or in need of some TLC. There must be some reason it hasnt sold. That must be one of the longest times on the open market this year. Have a word with your agent and find out the real reason. You pay them so make them work.

Without being rude maybe it is overpriced or in need of some TLC. There must be some reason it hasnt sold. That must be one of the longest times on the open market this year. Have a word with your agent and find out the real reason. You pay them so make them work.

Theres loads of properties ive seen that have been on sale for ages - sure theres been plenty on that length of time.

We've just sold a flat in a not bad area which was under 85k - when my partner bought it 3 years ago 6 people bid on it, and it sold in 2 weeks - we were lucky to have one person viewing a week - its been very slow

Hi Phylis,

There's nothing wrong with the house, it's a brand new family house on a new build estate by a reputable local builder in a nice area with good facilities and great primary school at a bargain price. :love: I'm only selling due to work / relocation out of the area - the job came just 3 months after we moved in. :roll:

The housing market is just very slow... uncertainties over interest rates and recession, talk of a house price crash, rents not keeping up with mortgages, a gloomy rainy summer and to top it off... floods :gag:

Don't worry, mm93fm, if you have to drop your price to sell, you can be confident that the houses you are looking to buy will also be cheaper than they were.

This is what happens when house prices fall, it becomes cheaper to move up the ladder.

The 'house prices always go up' brigade don't seem to mention this point very often.