Sign in to follow this  

Memories of Sheffield

Hi All

I now live in Doncaster, But I used to live in Sheffield Middlewood, and have many happy memories of Sheffield. I remember the wonderment of the Hole in the Road, queing to see the Exosist at the ABC with all the plakards. My perents worked at Middlewood Hospital and we lived in the hospital houses Stockharth Close. This would be 68/9 untill 77. I went to Bradfield Comp and left in 72. I then went into the Army and when I came out of the Army they had moved to Doncaster. If there is anyone who was about that area at the same time (I won`t bore you with a list of names) Get in touch, lest shair our memories.

Frank

I moved to Middlewood in 68/69, left in 72 but came back weekly to deliver dirty laundry, collect clean laundry, get fed and pick up food parcel. Returned in '73, left in 74 but continued to enjoy afore mentioned benefits. Came back in 79 for 6 months then settled in Hillsborough when benefits ceased due to withdrawel of labour by parents on account of having own home!

Oh, you sound so ungratefull!!! after your parent's were so good to you, have travelled a lot obviously. Are you now one of the Sheffield millionaire's I keep reading about that we have here??? :lol::o:D

Dear Frank---We lived in Stockarth Close from 1971-1975.I worked at middlewood hospital as a Staffnurse and later Chargenurse.My name is Mike Turner.We left to come to Canada,where I am now retired.What is your parents surname? I probably know you all.