Aroma Restaurant - your opinions...

New Indian restaurant.

Supposed to be very good (plush too by all accounts, which must be a first for anything near London Road).

Any views?

(plush too by all accounts, which must be a first for anything near London Road).

Rossi's

Ban Thai

Wasabisabi

all very nice inside.

Try visiting London Road before you knock it.

Hear hear! I love London Road ... in all its shabbiness.

As for Aroma - I went, think the building is FAB but didn't rate the food. Having said that we wen't for mostly veggie options (which seemed to all look and taste the same). Maybe the meat dishes are better?

New Indian restaurant.

Supposed to be very good (plush too by all accounts, which must be a first for anything near London Road).

Any views?

Dippydore, you obviously do not know anything about Sheffield as most of your posts contain incorrect accounts and closed minded opinions, what I would like to know is: do you actually live/ know anything about Sheffield?

TBH the 'dippy' bit of your username is, IMO, correct, however what does the 'dore' stand for? Please do not insult me by stating you live in Dore and this is the mindset etc....

'New Indian Restaurant'???

Didn't it open a while ago like last summer? Walk past it quite a lot in the evenings and it never looks that busy (though admittedly it does look quite smart inside).

Think you might have hit the nail on the head there boutiquechoc!!!

Been a few times. We've never had a bad meal there - so I'd recommend it. They've spent some cash on the decor and I'm surprised it's so quiet. I really hope it works. I like London Road - at least the restaurants are not huge chain places and IMO it will be an interesting part of Sheffield in years to come.

Aroma filed for bankruptcy last month. It was in the Star.

ive been before.

My korma tasted like it had cheese in it.

Ill say no more.

Well, well, well...

Because I make the comment that "plush" is not something normally associated with London Road it provokes some venomous responses. I think that's amazing, because the majority of restaurants on London Road are pretty shabby run-down sort of places. I mean, there are dozens, nay hundreds of them. Go on, disagree with me, tell me that I'm wrong and that London Road is some sort of champs elysee which has stylish and "plush" restaurants? You have got to be kidding! Or maybe you've never been out of Sheffield?

I like Wasabisabi - been there twice in the past month in fact - I love the atmosphere and I thought the food was good. Not the best tepanyaki I've had but really, very nice and no complaints. Rossi's -mmm! take it or leave it - impressive building though, the old TSB bank if I remember correctly. Ban Thai - used to be the old S&E co-op. Another nice building but not really "plush" is it? Last time I went there I ordered sea bass or something at "market price". When it came it looked more like a stickleback - it was tiny! They wanted 16 quid for it an 'all! I sent the miserable tiddler back.

I'm really sorry I keep hurting your feelings by stating the truth, that there aren't many restaurants on London Road that could be called "plush". But it's true.

London Road has variety for sure - the best street in the city for this. But you don't expect glamorous surroundings or top quality food.

I understand Aroma is unusual in this respect and all I was expecting was a few reviews from folks who'd been there - not to be attacked for stating the facts.

Ah well...