"Shut up" and "Grow up" - ways to end an argument.

I'm always left shaking with anger when someone thinks the way to end a debate is to utter either of these two.

What do you think would be the best way to exit an argument you clearly cannot win without resorting to these pointless phrases?

I'm going with "Oooh, I'm afraid I've had too many cornish pasties today to win this one. You're right."

be pious and aggrrrrrrrrressive.......:roll::roll::roll::roll:

be pious and aggrrrrrrrrressive.......:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Touche my dear! :hihi:

Claim the moral Liberal hand wringing apollogetic dithering wet spineless high ground & throw a strop.

You win every time :hihi: if thats what you want :D

I'm always left shaking with anger when someone thinks the way to end a debate is to utter either of these two.

What do you think would be the best way to exit an argument you clearly cannot win without resorting to these pointless phrases?

I'm going with "Oooh, I'm afraid I've had too many cornish pasties today to win this one. You're right."

arent you the one who suggested breaking your husbands legs for comeing in at five am ? just proves if you stay out its safer .going homes dodgey.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think it can sometimes be legitimate to finish an argument with "Grow up". I think that's fair, where it's obvious the person you're arguing with simply cannot understand what you're saying, because they've not yet reached the necessary level of maturity despite their age, or experienced enough of life to comprehend where they're wrong.

Other than that, I'd agree it's rude.

StarSparkle

arent you the one who suggested breaking your husbands legs for comeing in at five am ? just proves if you stay out its safer .going homes dodgey.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Again, a post which was completely tongue in cheek but was taken far too seriously by far too many. Even I was shocked by the response.

Still if you were mine Alex, I'd say, yeah stick to your guns, don't come home. Ever.

:love:

Attack is the best form of defence.

Say: "Aww you look so cute when you're wrong my dear"

And then stand back...

Again, a post which was completely tongue in cheek but was taken far too seriously by far too many. Even I was shocked by the response.

Still if you were mine Alex, I'd say, yeah stick to your guns, don't come home. Ever.

he was only on nights :love::love::love::love:

[quote=slickwitch

don't come home. Ever.

please let me in its cold outside.:(:(:(:(:(:(