The McCann's used the fund to pay their mortgage!!!

I can't believe how pathetic some people are being over this- they have lost there child, gone, totally missing- and all people can complain about is how they used this money to pay there morgage!!!

If they would have gone back to work to pay the morgage they wouldn't have been able to continue to look for her so in a way it HAS enabled them to look for her.

some people just don't look at the big picture.

Basically when people paid into the fund they believed that it was to be used to find the little girl, not to pay the Mcanns expensive property! They have made no effort to try and raise the funds themselves as i can see. Ok so they've been looking for their child and haven't been to work but they have other possesions that could have raised some funds to help pay the morgage. If they had done this first and then needed to borrow a little from the fund, people wouldn't be so annoyed by it. They dion't seem to be doing much to help raise money themselves to find their little girl but relying on everyone else to do it for them.

Can I just ask how many of the people posting on here who are 'outraged' by this actually gave to the fund?

I gave to the fund, and I am perfectly happy that my money went towards ensuring they still had the neccessary means to house their other two children when they returned to the uk, and the necessary means to carry on searching for Maddie out in Portugal.

This looks like a witch hunt to me.

So donations paying their mortgage so that they can both be off work un paid and living in Portugal for near on 6 months in a desperate attempt to find their missing 4 year old daughter IS NOT HELPING ?!?

How else are they supposed to use the donation fund ?

Come on you self rightous lot tell us exactly what is the right way to spend this charity.

Idiots:loopy:

I dont care what their class situation is, just think yourself lucky its not one of your children.

Actually I bet those early daft comments came from people without kids.

Stop reading papers, they know no more than us !

It was revealed a few months ago that the average GP is earning 250k I dont know what his wages are but I'll bet hes not on minimum wage.

If there are any medics in the forum they may advise us more definitively but I believe consultants get around £70k and GPs (thanks to the very generous deal the Labour govt gave them of more money for less hours) average around £100k. Mrs M only worked 1-2 days a week, however: so say £30k for her, making around £100k overall. OK, but perhaps not way out of the ordinary for a modern middle class couple.

So donations paying their mortgage so that they can both be off work un paid and living in Portugal for near on 6 months in a desperate attempt to find their missing 4 year old daughter IS NOT HELPING ?!?

Come on you self rightous lot tell us exactly what is the right way to spend this charity.

I dont care what their class situation is, just think yourself lucky its not one of your children.

Not doing bad, are they?! Mortgage getting paid while they have a free holiday ;):D

Wonders if a working class or jobless couple would have received the same level of sympathy/support etc. Probably not cos they would have been crucified by the media, public and been under investigation by the police/social services.

They've lost their child but there has to be a time when they have to try and get back to a 'normal' way of life, if not for their remaining children. Others manage it, those who don't have a massive fund to fall back on. And lets face it, what can they actually do (other than what has not already been done). There's probably very few people who don't know of this case, and I'm sure if anyone is going to find her I doubt it will be the parents.

I hope the 'fund' buys the twins something nice for Christmas.

Not doing bad, are they?! Mortgage getting paid while they have a free holiday ;):D

Wonders if a working class or jobless couple would have received the same level of sympathy/support etc. Probably not cos they would have been crucified by the media, public and been under investigation by the police/social services.

Ben Needham a typical example.

I agree with you Modesty why should they lose their home because of all this .I gave to the fund and have no objection to them using it for whatever.

The mccann bashers are out in force again i am amazed at some of the idiotic garbage that comes out of their mouths like the person that called it a holiday for them brainless or what.

I hope the 'fund' buys the twins something nice for Christmas.

Like a nice big(ger) house perhaps? :suspect: