What's your favourite winter meal?

I love this time of year - on a saturday or sunday I love to cook a proper meal and you can make it really rich and indulgent because it is cold outside (well maybe not that cold :hihi:)

So what's your favourite winter warmer? I love to make chicken casserole with dumplings on top in a rich gravy- :love::love::love: with veg such as broccoli, leeks and butternut squash etc.

For pudding I love jam roly poly with custard (and it has to be made with suet!)

wow im drooling now!! :hihi:

A nice big jacket potato with chilli and cheese. Yummy! Beans an cheese also lovely, had it yesterday for me lunch.

JAM ROLY POLY! i love that stuff. hadnt had it since primary school til i went recently to a pub and they had it on the dessert menu, not as good as my school one though!

I love Gnocchi with a bolognese and vegetable sauce baked in the oven smothered in mozzarella. yummy, scrummy doo dah!

beef stew with dumplings and loadsa relish and chunks of fresh homemade bread!!! :love::love:

Is that assuming it's a meal you're cooking yourself?

If that's the case then mine remains the same as the rest of the year - Toast :)

Seems to be a bit of a carbohydrate theme going on here! Dumplings in 3 posts out of 4!

Lamb hotpot - it's something we all like and you can't beat it!

Is that assuming it's a meal you're cooking yourself?

If that's the case then mine remains the same as the rest of the year - Toast :)

yes yourself! hey you could even put cheese on the toast Gaz lol

A nice big jacket potato with chilli and cheese. Yummy! Beans an cheese also lovely, had it yesterday for me lunch.

JAM ROLY POLY! i love that stuff. hadnt had it since primary school til i went recently to a pub and they had it on the dessert menu, not as good as my school one though!

defo love the chilli and cheese jacket aswell- i have one of them every friday as my treat!

Predictable, but meat and potato pie with mushy peas and a bucket full of Hendersons.

Fortunately, I don't have to make it myself; the Sportsman at Hallam does this dish and you get loads, all covered in a magnificent pastry lid.

Yummieeeee.