Three girls burgled: Police don't attend!

I can tell you it is true, and yes, sometimes they do turn up to issue tickets.

Can you tell us if the traffic police and beat officers are different branches of the police?

Would you prefer no traffic police at all (there aren't many as it is)?

Why would anyone intrude into a house known to be occupied ony by young females/

Who knows what goes on in a criminals mind?

Probably just to try and nick a laptop or ipod or something - it's really easy to get into student halls and that's why they are targetted so much. Might even have been another student from the bulding. My brother's friend had her bag nicked from their flat the other week...

Make sure the manager of the building knows so that notices can be put up letting other students know and better security could be looked into

Probably just to try and nick a laptop or ipod or something - it's really easy to get into student halls and that's why they are targetted so much. Might even have been another student from the bulding. My brother's friend had her bag nicked from their flat the other week...

Make sure the manager of the building knows so that notices can be put up letting other students know and better security could be looked into

It is a house.

The house is occupied usually by 5 female students, but only 3 there this week. The house is managed by Opal, but the girls could not get Opal nor the landlady to answer the phone.

Ah right, sorry I just assumed it was halls because Opal manage some halls in Sheffield. Might be best putting it all in writing and keeping a copy, then the landlady can't claim they were never informed.

You didn't mention that in your first post, indeed looking at the time of the post, they'd reported the incident 3 hours earlier, saying that it had happened sometime in the 1.5hrs previous to that. So how long did they think that someone might still be present?

I mentioned it on line two.

Yes they dialled 999 at shortly after getting in at 5pm, they had been out since 3.30. They were worried that the intruder could possibly be present.

They don't know how long an intruder /pervert could lurk.

Whilst they are psychology students, my daughter is studying criminals , they are only young girls .

Ah right, sorry I just assumed it was halls because Opal manage some halls in Sheffield. Might be best putting it all in writing and keeping a copy, then the landlady can't claim they were never informed.

Thanks again, good idea.

When Opal came round next day the Opal manager said that had not known that the inner individual doors could not be locked, but one of the girls recognised one of the Opal guys and said his name reminding him that she had told him personally one of his previous visits he had to admit it then. This hopefully should pave the way to some sort of payment towards the costs of the girl’s losses.

Although the police did not visit till late on Monday the day of the incident, they have visited yesterday to do forensics, then again last night to see if the girls were safe, and again today in the afternoon police liaison officers called.

I just have to suppose that Monday is a busy one for the police.

On a different note some thief stole our waterfountain from the pond in our back garden last night, the same happened two years ago!

At least we won £46 (4 numbers) on Saturday's lotto.

Yes but if you rang 999 and said someone has stayed to long on a meter I think we can all guess the response you would get. It would be an exceptional situation for the police to be called to issue a parking ticket and they wouldn't prioritise it.

they would if the tax disc was out of date on it

I mentioned it on line two.

Yes they dialled 999 at shortly after getting in at 5pm, they had been out since 3.30. They were worried that the intruder could possibly be present.

They don't know how long an intruder /pervert could lurk.

Whilst they are psychology students, my daughter is studying criminals , they are only young girls .

You did, sorry I missed it as the sentence was a bit jumbled.

You described it as a burglary, burglars don't generally hang around on the off chance that it might be some girls they can molest, they nick stuff and leave.

If they phoned the police and reported it as a burglary with no sign that an intruder was still there then that's how it would be prioritised.

You did, sorry I missed it as the sentence was a bit jumbled.

You described it as a burglary, burglars don't generally hang around on the off chance that it might be some girls they can molest, they nick stuff and leave.

If they phoned the police and reported it as a burglary with no sign that an intruder was still there then that's how it would be prioritised.

I am sorry if you thought my sentence was a bit jumbled, I just tried to put the facts in the fewest words.

May be it is true that burglars get in and get out, I would suspect that they would, but young girls dont't know this, the police can't be sure it is so in every case.

These young girls were alone; frightened, all they knew was that their property had been infiltrated. They had only been gone from the house an hour and a half, it was only beginning to get dark, they dialled 999 for help from the emergency service: the police, so that police officers could search the property to ensure no intruder was still there.

To put it simply they did not know if some intruder was hiding, may be waiting to escape he could lash out.

What could they do to go to bed for the night, afraid if someone was there?

How many cases have you heard recently were the police have had to apologise because they have failed to attend, or misjudged their priorities?

Unfortunately for some people it has been fatally too late.

That doesn't alter the fact that they do have limited resources and a completed burglary can't come high on the scale of needing an immediate response.

We are first and foremost responsible for our own safety, the police don't exist to hold our hands and check in the closet. I doubt that they were all sat around having a cuppa and deliberately not responding, they were all busy and the response came when it could and was appropriate. And they were right, unless the burglar is still hiding and they haven't checked under the bed.

That doesn't alter the fact that they do have limited resources and a completed burglary can't come high on the scale of needing an immediate response.

We are first and foremost responsible for our own safety, the police don't exist to hold our hands and check in the closet. I doubt that they were all sat around having a cuppa and deliberately not responding, they were all busy and the response came when it could and was appropriate. And they were right, unless the burglar is still hiding and they haven't checked under the bed.

You seem to keep to keep going against every thing I say for some reason.

I know the police have limited resources.

I know they have to make judgements on where to go first.

What I am saying is that I can't see why, when young girls rang 999 an emergency number expressing that an intruder could be present, still the police do not attend till four hours later.

They have been four times since then for some unknown reasons.

My daughter's student house in Manchester was burgled between 3.30 and 5 today.

The three girls were/ are very upset unsure how the burgler/s got in if still there. The rang 999 shortly after 5 up till 8 tonight no police officers have attended.

I rang the Manchester police at 7, who said we have no one available at the moment. I said the girls were sitting there petrified with no one to turn to, being away from home. This had no effect on this man, he said a man reported the incident and the intruder was seen making off so they should not be worried about some one still lurking there.

I then rang my daughter again, she told me that what the police person on the phone me to said was false. One of the girls rang the police, no intruder was seen getting away at all.

This gave more concern to the possiblity of more than one burgulary with the police getting it wrong.

My daughter said she saw a policewoman on the beat just before I rang her, she said maybe I should have took up the courage to go outside and tell her, but she was too scared.

You ought to have told them that it was believed to be racially motivated, they would have been around like sh!! off a shovel, or should I say a Chief Constable off an Audi.