Sign in to follow this  

Drug addicts

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Beyond that I think it is largely fruitless to try and discuss all types of illegal drug together as simply drugs. To do so is to ignore everything we know about various drugs and their effects.

Yes I agree.

Also some people probably believe that drug use (and abuse) is confined to the "poor", homeless, and criminal fraternity. Come on lets not be so naive, there are doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, police officers all using drugs.

To add to Phanerothyme's and Dug's points, what about the moral implications - is it immoral, simply because it's illegal? In which case, would it then become immoral to for example, drink tea, if law prohibited tea?

"Law is a fickle mistress, subject always to the whims and prejudices of those who administer them"

I think if recreational drugs were legalised sensibly, then much of the criminal element would be taken away. For those wanting to smoke a joint, they could buy cannabis legally and enjoy it. For those addicted to harder drugs, such as heroin, they should be offered a safe place to use it, with clean paraphernalia, safe drugs, and given intensive counselling to help them stop. Most people who are addicted to harder drugs do actually want to quit.

as a person who lost quite a few years of his life to drugs (including alcohol) I have every sympathy with those suffering the misery they cause. And think it sad that anybody wants to risk damaging/altering the delicate mechanism that the human brain is.

And I believe a visit to an open meeting of Narcotics Anonymous would be very instructive to those who talk of drugs in such a positive light.

I can understand the belief that says "who's got a right to tell me what to do with my own body?" but this must be squared with "do I have a right to extra use of the NHS just because of damage/addiction caused by those drugs".

PS I thought the statement "I think everyone should try LSD at least once" the most irresponsible thing I've ever seen on this forum. Unfortunately because of the weakness of the vast majority of the acid around since the late 80s....stuff which should hardly even call itself acid people think this is some fun drug that anyone can take for a laugh when Id say it can be the most dangerous drug there is. Just remember you can take it a 1000 times and be ok but take it once and end up on a mental ward...sometimes permanently. Believe me I know people who wish theyd never heard of the stuff...

As a Christian I think your attitude suxs people do things for reasons, you have to look at the why not what there doing for example, why do people take drugs, drink to much to much, it could be emotional reasons, it could be to escape reality, it could be for a number of reasons.

As for pedafiles well they should be thrown in prison and the key thrown away.

There is one sure thing history repeats itself only we call it progress.

Scaja...are you sure you didnt post that message to the wrong forum as it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with anything above!

Hal I agree 100% with you. The trouble with many contributors to this forum is their age. They have grown up with drugs all around them and as such see them as much a part of their lives as beer or cigarettes.

I took my children to the Lyceum last night and at 6.30 my youngsters had to face scummy addicts laying sprawled out across Tudor Square, some yelling their heads off falling all over.

What a world to have to introduce our children into.

I'd bloody shoot the lot of em.

:evil: :evil:

Originally posted by Mo

Hal I agree 100% with you. The trouble with many contributors to this forum is their age. They have grown up with drugs all around them and as such see them as much a part of their lives as beer or cigarettes.

I took my children to the Lyceum last night and at 6.30 my youngsters had to face scummy addicts laying sprawled out across Tudor Square, some yelling their heads off falling all over.

What a world to have to introduce our children into.

I'd bloody shoot the lot of em.

:evil: :evil:

Why shoot them? Just stamp all over their fingers. They'll find it hard to inject drugs or hold a joint!

Originally posted by XADRIAN

some people do not intentionally fall into the habit of taking drugs

HAHAHHA! No of course not, they accidentally throw a spliff into their mouth and before they know it, it lights itself and they're high! Not to mention those jumping needles that often accidentally land on peoples arms. Of course no one intentionally gets into the habit of drug taking.....

Good on you Mo, these people are beyond anyones help or understanding, all we can do is to let them wallow in the pit of filth they have chosen.

I do not feel sorry for them or wish to associate with them in any way because they are happy living that way, but it is not for me.

The pimps that infest our society, make slaves of vulnerable females, fill them with illegal drugs, force them to live as prostitutes, take all there money from them and beat them unmercifully, sometimes to death in order to force their will on these poor souls.

Also, the dealers in death that stand at the gates of our schools selling their foul merchandise to our little innocent children, getting them hooked on drugs, crime, and condeming them to a life of misery and no hope, all for the sake of acuiring filthy lucre. l

Are these people deserving of any consideration? I say no. When they are caught red handed committing their diabolical crimes against humanity, I repeat they should be strung up, why should huge sums of taxpayers money be spent on farcical trials. They have forfeited their human rights, by depriving innocent victims of theirs!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mike - no personal insults on the forum please. If you feel that strongly then email him - although please remember everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

(edited: gb)

Originally posted by gloworm

Scaja...are you sure you didnt post that message to the wrong forum as it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with anything above!

apologies to scaja who i accused of sending an irrelevant post, i now see they were responding to the ultra-condemnatory post that started off the thread and not the couple immediately before the post they sent

(edited: added original quote to make it clearer :-) gb)

Originally posted by Mike

Mike - no personal insults on the forum please. If you feel that strongly then email him - although please remember everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

(edited: gb)

Been at it again have we Mike? For a minute there, I thought you'd left the forum for good as I'd not seen you post for a while. Oh well, I can but hope.