How to turn Negative into Positive.

When you have heard all the negative things that have got thrown at you, bad names, been treated like crap etc. How do you come out of the other end with a smile and confidence in yourself.

I have been there crazy all i can say is that there is a lot of jealousy out there , not everyone wants to see you do well, just try and tell yourself you're great (because you are !) hold your head up high and get on without them babe.

Pick yourself back up and show them that they can`t break you, you`re better and stronger than that!:D

Guest Mod_Man
When you have heard all the negative things that have got thrown at you, bad names, been treated like crap etc. How do you come out of the other end with a smile and confidence in yourself.

Make sure you are not one of those who gives out the bad names or treats people like crap. Or just learn to not give a flying **** what people think, that usually works.

Make sure you are not one of those who gives out the bad names or treats people like crap. Or just learn to not give a flying **** what people think, that usually works.

I dont treat people like crap, I treat people how I would want to be treated back sometimes too nice - Thats probably one of the reasons where I am going wrong too.

You need to have confidence in yourself. Easier said than done, I know, but you need to really believe that you're a good person and worth more than the rubbish chucked at you. Start by removing yourself from the people who treat you like crap; life's too short to be around people like that.

Having said that, I think it's really difficult to genuinely not give a damn about what people think and say about you; criticism does sting, even when you know it's unjustified.

Guest Mod_Man

I dont treat people like crap, I treat people how I would want to be treated back sometimes too nice - Thats probably one of the reasons where I am going wrong too.

Know your limit of niceness, if you're too nice people usually see you as a pushover, I guess it's a case of separating the wheat from the chaff.

You need to have confidence in yourself. Easier said than done, I know, but you need to really believe that you're a good person and worth more than the rubbish chucked at you. Start by removing yourself from the people who treat you like crap; life's too short to be around people like that.

Having said that, I think it's really difficult to genuinely not give a damn about what people think and say about you; criticism does sting, even when you know it's unjustified.

Very true. If you believe in yourself, it's easier to overcome the criticism from other people. After all, what other people say about you doesn't actually affect who you really are.

Think of this - you're in a room and somebody comes in and says how wonderful, thoughtful, intelligent and kind you are. You feel great. Then two people come in and they both tell you're crap, useless, horrible, etc, etc. You feel bad. Now three people come in and repeat the comments of the first person - you feel great again. Etc, etc, etc.

But whatever any of them has said about you, you are still the same person, you're just reacting to what others are saying - which either reinforces or rejects what you think about yourself.

If you're a nice person and treat people well, some immature and pathetic people will see that as a sign of weakness. Which is basically their problem - not yours.

Thankyou for all the advice and comments xxx

don't ask me,

;) if it wasn't for my bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! ;)

For me it's pretty easy; I know I'm better than the people who name call me. I have faith in myself and my character. Having said that, there have been times in recent months when I've felt pretty battered, but I'm still standing. :)

The time I spent on here as a Moderator showed me that there are hidden depths - good and bad - in most people. I've experienced some serious back-stabbing from some folks, and some wonderful support from others.

Believe in yourself and have a strong moral and ethical compass. Armed with that, the storms of crap from other people can't blow you off course. :)

As the name of your thread says turning a negative into a positive!

The positive is at least you're not an arrogant, horrible person with nothing better to do in life than upset other peoples lifes.

Take pride in who you are, you're obviously worth more than double what these people are.