Will They Ever Mend The Roads Between Middlewood Tavern And Wharncliffe Side

IMHO it seems that the bit of the city between Whynn Gardens & Stocksbridge, is in no mans land!!!!!!

Coz we dont get owt from anybody!!!

My new grouch about this is that I really want someone to tell the Linkbus drivers that the give way sign at Worrall applies to them too and that it's courteous to give way to uphill traffic.

The service existing has been an absolute godsend but, if you meet them as a driver, they are awful! There was one this afternoon that didn't let an ambulance through on Church Street.

My new grouch about this is that I really want someone to tell the Linkbus drivers that the give way sign at Worrall applies to them too and that it's courteous to give way to uphill traffic.

The service existing has been an absolute godsend but, if you meet them as a driver, they are awful! There was one this afternoon that didn't let an ambulance through on Church Street.

Ring Supertram & complain, they have allready been pulled about this in a public meeting

No effort involved.

A bit like voting, but despite all the whinging and moaning people do they still don't bother.

You never know our local politicians might get off their bottoms and show their faces for once.

Just like the public do at election time?

A bit like voting, but despite all the whinging and moaning people do they still don't bother.

Just like the public do at election time?

The people who moan and whinge do normally vote.

Understand your point though.

Apathy is also born out of lack of confidence/belief in our system, the politicians and our ability to afffect/change things through the electoral system.

Jozafeen,

I like the way the tax payer pays for it, surely that's a bit unfair.

Who would you prefer paid for it?

Well, I don't know about what the OP thinks but I reckon any brochure put out merely to promote a local MP should be paid for from the funds of the party they represent rather than the tax payer.

The brochure concerned never made it as far as this bit of Oughtibridge anyhow so I've no idea what it had to say about the road.

Either the M.P or the political party.

That is what happens at election time and it is what any opposition parties do.

The rules on parliamentary funding dictate that an M.P's report should not be electioneering or show a particular political affiliation. I know some M.P's have gotten in trouble for this.

To be fair Angela's report does not say 'Labour\ on it as such but it is in the Labour colours so you would have to be a nitwit not to realise.

This is a bit of a catch 22 in some ways though. We berate politicians for not keeping in touch with us and then have a go at the way they do it.

I think there is a cynicism towards both local and national politicians because they usually try all sorts of things to get our vote and then not a lot after they are elected.

To be politically balanced the Lib councillors are no better. I have lived in Oughtibridge for many years and I have only received two leaflets at election time from the Libs. I have also received two 'reports' from our M.P.

The lib leaflet this time annoyed me because it said working all year round not just election time. That is not true. The leaflet basically said

"Hi I'm Cllr X- I've been your cllr for years vote for me. P.S The Labour lot and the Tories are all gits and the Greens have got no chance."

Nothing since. Nothing despite flooded houses and a broken road.

This is the problem with all politicians.

Back to my point. I think all the leaflets should be paid for by the political parties themselves.

Back on thread it would be nice to receive something about the road from our politicians (either Lib or Lab) that was not paid for by us or just at election time

She should have or her party. It may not have had labour on it but as Blusky states you'd have to be stupid not to recognise the colours as a straight forward piece of labor publicity material.

At least she sent one out and informed us of what she was doing about Middlewood Road, but I don't see why WE the taxpayer have to pay for it. :suspect:

Does anyone have an update on this? and when repair work will begin? I have searched the forum and cant find anything on the subject?

Last update I can see is December - http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/maintenance/highway-flood-damage Where it mentions work will start March/April and be complete in the autumn. I wouldn't hold your breath though - seems working through the tendering process for 22 contractors is more important than getting the work done promptly. Honestly, the road's collapsed - just get someone to fix it. If it costs slightly more than if a full tender process is followed, it'll be peanuts compared to the incalculable cost of the diversions etc. Tendering processes are great on scheduled work to ensure quality and value, but where the road has disappeared, JFDI should be applied.