Nelson Mandela is coming down

It's going to be replaced with a new hotel, as if we didn't already have enough in Sheffield.

ahh yes i worked there fro five years till moving over the road seen a few sights Bluetones space and other bands

saw gun there a few times in the 90s also saw the michael schenker group with the flashing singer lol:)

I used a have a great time in there on all the various incarnations of its Goth nights.

Cheap watery beer and bright blue slush puppies - Happy days :love:

They used to give me a big tummy ache when I used to combine them with a double vodka.

No it'll have to be named after a current trendy terrorist.

How about the Bin Laden Bar? :D

The Abu Hamza Hotel?

The Ayman Al Zawahiri Arms?

Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah's Head?

:hihi:

Never liked using the cashpoint at NMB - street robbers' paradise!

Stardust was an immense night out in my Undergrad days. Everyone I knew was in there. The Dean of Disco!!!!!!

When is it going? We had the best times in there - Aquarius! Building is revolting though. Does that mean Nelson Mandela no longer has a tribute to him from the Stoodents Yooniun..

There is painting of Nelson Mandela, along with other people who had rooms dedicated to them in the old NMB inside the new students union building.

Used to be fixtures secretary for the men's hockey club at the Poly. All the sports stuff was based there. We played in the Yorkshire League at weekends and I regularly got letters to Mr. N. M. Building, Sheffield Polytechnic. :hihi:

There is painting of Nelson Mandela, along with other people who had rooms dedicated to them in the old NMB inside the new students union building.

Sort of a commies and terrorists hall of fame then?

The Uni wrote to Nelson, informing him of the impending demolition. He didn't reply.

I don't think the new hotel that's replacing it will be called the Nelson Mandela Hotel.

Sort of a commies and terrorists hall of fame then?

Lol. You saying Mandela is/was a terrorist? Or a communist for that matter? You been listening to that bitch Thatcher too much. If she had her way he'd still be in Robben Island.